TIRED; caroline graham hansen

Summary: in which caro rant to y/n about how she felt on her national team.

Warnings: short fic for this precious sunshine.

Note: English is not my first language.

She read the breaking news.

And she was devastated.

If it was true, how can you leave out two of your best players out?

Two players who came to win the champions league.

Y/N grabbed her phone and was meeting by a photo of her with her girlfriend, making her forget momentarily about what she was going to do. She searched for Caro's number and pressed the button once she found it.

A tone.

Two tones.

And at the three tones, Caro answered it.

"Hola min kjærlighet." Caro greeted her in a groggy voice, clearing her throat after.

"Shit. Are you sleeping? I don't watch the hour, sorry." Y/N curses, making the forward laugh.

"Don't worry. I needed to wake up soon." The blonde informed, letting out a yawn.

Y/N bit her bottom lip; "I read the news... It's true?" She asked unsure, not wanting Caro to get mad or upset.

Caro sighed.

"It's true. I don't tell you anything because I don't care anymore about this national team." Caro hissed the last part.

Y/N could hear how pissed she is about it.

"You don't have fault about anything, okay? Neither Ingrid." Y/N let her know, even if she didn't know the full story.

"I know it. It's the fault of Hege. She didn't listen to us, to her players... It's frustrating. Sorry, I don't want to bother you about it." The Norwegian rarely gets mad or angry or raises her voice.

Y/N shakes her head even if her girlfriend couldn't see her. "No, no. You know that you can count on me, and if you want, I will be grateful to hear it." She said with a soft voice, putting herself better on her seat on the sofa, watching by her window the dark sky.

"Hege punished us for telling the truth. She didn't care if we lost match after match. She only cares about herself. We aren't good enough because we don't work sufficiently on it. We need staff people who care about us, not participating in the world cup. It matters if you do ridiculous things in front of the world." Caro said in a rush, her voice getting raised as her angrier thoughts showed up. "And Ingrid? She didn't say anything bad. She admitted our mistakes, but of course if you want to play you need to shut up and nod." She finished.

Y/N was really surprised by Caro's statement. Not from the words, if not for her tone of voice. It was a mix between angry and sad, winning the temper.

"My advice is that you need to do it for your teammates, they don't have the fault for your coach being uncompetitive." Y/N muttered, not wanting to disturb Caro. "And for your country. The people who show you their support, no matter the countries they are from. Like me for example." She tried her best to cheer her up.

Caro let out an inevitable soft chuckle at her last comment. They are in silence for a few minutes, processing everything in their minds.

"You will see Ana today." Y/N remind her, playing with her laces from her pajama short.

"Yeah. Something good, at least." The blonde muttered, rolling on her bed, closing her eyes.

"How is Ingrid?" Y/N can't resist asking by her friend.

"Affected. But she received some calls before and she is better. And she has us too." Caro explained.

Y/N felt bad. She found an hour ago about Norway's news and probably Mapi or some familiar found it hours ago and called the brunette.

"Sorry about not calling before... I was working." Y/N apologises, regretful for having a shit of a job.

"I supposed that you're working. Don't worry, babe. I just want it to be over and fly to the warm city where I live." Y/N giggles, finding funny how her nordic girlfriend hates the cold.

"What about me?" Y/N teases.

Caro plays a lazy smile. "You are the most I miss right now... So, be prepared when I come back because I'm not going to let you go."

"I can't wait." Y/N whispered, smiling remembering the moments with her.

"I will let the national team after the world cup." Caro confessed after a moment of silence. "I can't anymore. I'm really tired of their behaviour. They know what they want and they don't want me. So..." She trailed off, sighing.

"I will support every decision you make." Y/N support her.

Caro smiled; "Thank you, min kjærlighet. I just want to focus on us, family, friends and my club. That's all I want."

"Well, I'll let you rest a little more." Y/N said watching the hour on her phone, setting an alarm to watch the game in a few hours.

"Sorry that you asked for the morning to watch me play..." Caro said sadly. "I'll make it to you, I promise."

"Don't be silly. You don't have the fault. And sadly that type of shit always happens. So focus on passing to the next level."

Caro laughed at how her girlfriend denominated it like a video game.

"I will try my best if they let me." The blonde said. "For you." She added in a whisper.

"Te quiero." Y/N whispered back.

"Jeg elsker deg mer."