Chapter 42 Wedding Plan

After many weeks of back and forth and through patient conversations, shared experiences, and heartfelt explanations, Gyan's efforts gradually broke Raiza's resistance. Gyan painted a picture of a relationship that wasn't about rushing into marriage but building something meaningful step by step. Raiza began to see the beauty in having a shared goal, growing together, and facing the future. As their connection deepened, Gyan's vision started to take root in Raiza's heart, bringing them closer to a future they could envision together.

The revelation of Raiza's inability to have a kid ever had put a dent in Gyan's hope for the future. But he was committed to marrying Raiza. He was in love with her. He was in love like he had not loved anyone before. He was ready to do what it takes to make the necessary changes. Gyan decided to introduce her to his family. It was time they met. Now that she had begun to dream with him after months of convincing her, he felt she was ready to committee. It meant she was prepared to meet his family.

Gyan would find the best opportunity to introduce her to his family, which came as a Wedding, Mara's wedding.

One evening, Mara had invited her entire family to her friend's restaurant, which was bustling with chatter and laughter. Gyan, Mara, and Siddharth had arrived first and settled into their seats. Gyan was eager to help his sister build the wedding plan. He had been missing a few weeks trying to spend as much time as he could with Raiza and had a lot to catch up with his sister. Gyan also intended to share the latest developments in his relationship with Raiza and ask Mara to add Raiza as his plus one.

Siddharth looked preoccupied and lost in his thoughts for most of their conversation, grappling and consumed by the weight of the decisions he was making. He knew his marriage to Mara would be the best thing to happen to him. After Raiza had almost wrecked him, Siddharth rebuilt himself from scratch. When he had met Mara, she had been precisely the opposite of Raiza. Siddharth never pursued her, but their relationship grew organically. He looked at Mara sitting next to him, being the life of the party, excitedly talking about her upcoming wedding.

"Oh, you won't believe the wedding plans, Gyan! It will be the most extravagant event ever!" she explained to her brother, holding his hands tightly.

Gyan smiled indulgently. "I'm sure it will be. I can't wait to see you as a bride, Mara."

"And you'll be my handsome brother and the witness signing the marriage register," she exclaimed.

Gyan smiled and wished Raiza was there with him. "She'd love to hear all about this." he thought.

Siddharth kissed Mara's palms lovingly. "It's going to be a beautiful wedding, Mara. I will do anything to make you happy." he declared.

Mara beamed. "Oh, I'm more than happy! The wedding planner has everything planned to perfection. From the venue to the decor, it will be a dream come true." she declared as she kissed his cheeks.

"Yikes, get a room, you two, and keep your hands off each other around me," Gyan teased his sister.

"You, Prude, I will see how you are going to keep your hand off your lady," Mara teased him.

"My lady is a lot more shy than you are, little sister," Gyan declared with pride. Mara raised an eyebrow, but Gyan distracted her.

"Tell us more about the venue. I remember you mentioned it would be at the Taj Luxurious Resort, right?" he questioned

"Yes, it's the most breathtaking place! You won't believe the view. And the floral arrangements will be out of this world!" she explained.

"That sounds amazing, Mara. I'm so happy for you." Gyan smiled at her.

"The Taj resort must be pretty expensive. Are you sure about all these costs?" Siddarth asked. But his mind was too occupied with other thoughts to pay more attention to Mara's lengthy explanation. "Is this what I want? Am I making the right choices?" Siddharth thought silently.