27 | Worst mood swings

{~Evelyn~}

I've never felt so exposed with this backless dress. The material hugged all my curves and stopped right above my knee. The bright red colour matched the shade of my lipstick that Val was currently applying for me.

"Don't move a single inch." She ordered.

I grumbled. "I feel like the fucking red dude from Inside Out."

"Shh. You're going to smudge it." She set my makeup and seemed satisfied with her work. "It looks good."

"No doubt. You did it." I grabbed my purse and slid on the pair of heels I packed.

"So you've never  been to a club before?" Alaina asked, Josie tying on her corset for her.

"Nope. I haven't gotten the chance to."

Val tied her auburn hair into a high ponytail. "Not gonna lie, I'm trying to get laid tonight. So, I might be back in the room late."

I winced, giving her a look. "Please, way too much information." She laughed, unbothered.

"Ready?" Josie asked, bumping my shoulder as we locked the door, waiting for the elevator to stop at our floor.

I nodded in confirmation. I smoothed a hand over my leg. "Don't you think it's weird? Dancing with strangers and such?"

Alaina shrugged. "Not really. Everyone just does their own shit."

Val hummed in agreement. "And we will  do our own shit. I'm over being with guys." Oh, I forgot about her telling us about her traumatising and most heartbreaking split ups she had to endure with her past boyfriends. I would get that.

She hooped her arm with hers, sighing. "We're with you, honey."

We made it to the ground floor, our heels clicking as we walked to the entrance.

I tried to stop my eyes from bugging out my head when I saw Grayson. White button-down and black dress pants, sleeves rolled up mid-forearms. Veins crawling up his arms, my stomach doing that stupid barrel-roll every time I see him. But holy God. With that blazer hung off his shoulder? I was a goner.

His gaze swept the length of my body, a small dimpled smile creeping on his lips. I stopped in front of him, rocking on my heels nervously. "You look..." He trailed off, cocking his head to the side, scanning me once again.

"If you say 'good' I'll tell everyone your death was an accident." I grumbled, fumbling with the lace. "This dress took like, ten minutes to put together and it restricts my leg-movement so much that I think I'm gonna trip every—"

"...pulchritudinous." He finished, his hand splayed on my bare back as he led me into the car. "Breath-taking, even."

I huffed out a laugh, flaming red. "You don't look bad either. And please use English."

He chuckled. "It was  English, mi alma."

I opened my phone, fingers hovering over the search bar. He spelt it out for me without me asking beforehand. "Beautiful." I read aloud, the darkness of night hiding my blush once I've shut off the screen. "Thank you." I whispered, tapping the toes of my heels together.

The blur of the city passed us, as Forrest and Josie made up their own conversation in the front. "Why?" He said asked a few minutes, breaking the silence between us.

I glanced up, puzzled. "Why what?"

"What do you do that?" He continued.

I let out a sound for the back of my throat, sputtering out a laugh. "Why do I do what? "