18 | Secret

{~Evelyn~}

I caught Arsinoe's eyes as Ezra and I walked through the hallways to our class. Her eyes shone with regret and I bet mine only flared with dislike.

Hate  isn't exactly the right word. I didn't have a place in my heart for any more of that. I believed there must've been a reason why she pushed me. It felt so out of character of her.

She just changed so much. It hurt to think that it was the girl who played dolls with me back then in first grade, the girl who would drive me to get fast food during midnight. Now, she wore full face of foundation, a LV backpack and a whole new thing of fashioned clothes.

How did she get the money to afford such things?

During class, I kept catching Ezra sneakily texting away on his phone and I couldn't refrain myself from asking. "So..." I whispered, "Who is it?" He kept smiling like a teenager and giggling like a child.

The screen went black the second I spoke. "What's what? Who's what?" He murmured. He should really  work on that poker face. 

"Who's the girl?" I asked, and glanced at him. His face fell a fraction and it's like a did something wrong. Or maybe said  something wrong. I grimaced at myself before apologising. "I shouldn't have assumed, sorry. Or guy." I clarified, wiggling my eyebrows.

He scowled at me, but there wasn't any bad intention behind it. He nodded to confirm. "It's okay."

"You like-like him?" I asked, prodding his side with my elbow.

"Yeah. I really do." He said dreamily, almost getting lost daydreaming about who-knows-what.

I nearly squeal with excitement. "Aw," I cooed. "Ezra all hung up on him. Speaking of which, who is he?" I sat on the edge of my seat, impatient.

"I'll tell you if you keep it a secret and don't tell anyone. Even Grayson." 

I rolled my eyes. "You really had to add him in there, huh?"

"You guys are all over each other, who knows what you discuss." 

I wanted to strangle him. "We're not-" I paused and I realised he was baiting me. "Fine. I promise I won't tell. I wasn't going to anyway."

"It's Noah." He let out in a breath.

I blinked and it all clicked into place. It made sense, actually, they spent all their time together, the times I caught them staring at each other, how they used any excuse to see one another. "Holy shit!" I beamed, grinning, any foul mood from earlier was erased.

He shushed me by smothering my mouth with his hand. "Shhhh! Not so loud, will you?" The teacher cast a concerned glance at us.

I took deep breaths as my smile never wavered. "I knew it. Well, I didn't know,  but I'm so fucking blind it's literally clear as day now that you told me."

His lips twitched.

"You and him are perfect for each other." I gasped. "Will I be invited to the wedding? I'll even pay you to let me go."

Ezra slapped my shoulder repeatedly. "Shut up." He's smiling too and didn't object on anything I said. I zipped my lips with my finger and tossed the key away.