4 | Cold showers

{~Evelyn~}

"Hey, new girl!" A female voice sounded behind me. I stopped, but I didn't turn around. 

"Eve!" Arsinoe ran up to me from behind. "I made new friends." She whispered in my ear, beaming before pulling away.

"Hi." I waved at a whole crowd that stared at me. I'm not kidding. There were almost twenty girls. Minimum.

I kid you not, half of them side-eye me. Oh is that still a thing?  "So... what brings you here?" The first girl stepped out. Blonde hair with a full face of make up and I had to give it to her. It was that bad. So it was her  voice that I heard before.

"Just moved." I opened my new locker and shoved all of my books inside.

"Listen," She was a lot closer, leaning on the locker beside mine. "I'm Sabrina Graham."

Five, four, three, two, one.

"I'm listening and I'm not hearing much." I nodded my head at her to continue when we didn't elaborate. 

Sabrina's friend group was already forming in a semi-circle around us. She rolled her eyes, "Nobody wants to get on my bad side. Let me get straight to the point. Just because you're new doesn't mean you can get everything you want. But everybody knows me  and wants me and me only. Not like I'm expecting someone like... you... to act all popular and shit around me. Got it?" 

My hands balled into my fist until I heard Arsinoe. "Just say yes." She whispered.

Five, four, three, two, one.

"Got it." I gritted out through my teeth and I slammed my locker closed. I stormed away with my face down, their chuckles following me, echoing in my ears. When did universities actually have real life mean girls?

I bumped shoulders with someone, but I didn't have time to stop and apologise. I finally made it to my class and I wiped away my angry tears.

"You need help?" I got startled and I whipped my head around to find a guy standing in front of me. He had brown hair and kind light eyes, making him lok approachable. I have to give it to this guy, he seemed like he would have a good wardrobe. Cargo pants and a loose, nice fitting hoodie. I'd consider him attractive, but I wasn't attracted to  him.

"Um-I... no, actually-" I facepalmed myself to stop my stuttering. 

"Are you in this class?" He side stepped me to open the door. "I've never seen you in English before. And I'm quite sure I know everyone's names."

"I do have this class actually. I just moved here a few days ago." I said and went in after him.

"Ooh, where from? I want to travel someday." He said, taking a seat in the lecture hall, probably the fifth or so row.

"Near California. I don't really miss it though." I took his silence as an invitation to sit beside him. "I didn't catch your name earlier." I quickly added before he could ask a follow up question.

"Ezra." Oh, so that's who he is.

"Evelyn." 

"Both our names start with E's." He said in a sing-song tone. And smile like he discovered something new. I can't help smiling either, but it wavered when I heard what he said next, "Hey... are you the girl that Grayson wouldn't shut up about? Scratch that, the girl that everyone wouldn't shut up about?"

I grew speechless at that, thankfully, the lecture hall was already starting to flow with students and a teacher followed. I didn't reply and as everyone fell silent, that was probably the que to open my notebook.