26 | Not nothing

{~Evelyn~}

"There's no way." I whispered, leaning out the balcony.

Val scoffed in disbelief beside me. "I can't believe we didn't come here sooner."

The sunrise shone on the crystal clear pool water, the grass below us was freshly cut and the air felt crisp. The area was filled with watered flowers and plants, houses, bars and stands covered in any empty area. There was a mountain in the distance, the ocean cutting the horizon. 

"Good morning." Noah said.

We looked at the balcony beside us. Ezra and Noah were leaning against each other, waving at us. Hm, that would make a good painting. 

"Morning." Val muttered back, taking a sip of her second cup of coffee.

"You guys are up early. The pool opens at ten."

I huffed, liking the smell of coffee but I hated the bitter aftertaste, so I held my cup under my nose. "Yeah. We couldn't fall back asleep." 

Val prodded me in the stomach. "You mean 'I'. You woke me up because you didn't want to be by yourself." She grinned.

I rolled my eyes, holding back a smile. "You didn't have to throw me under the bus like that."

"Can y'all be quiet?" Forrest grumbled from above us. 

Our heads turned up and Josie was looking down at us. "He's not  a morning person."

"Hey, man." Noah called out. "Also not really our problem." A balled up napkin hit his head a few seconds later. "Ouch. That hurt." Ezra smacked his shoulder, still staying silent. "That hurt too."

"Liar." He said.

We all mutually agreed to eat the free breakfast the hotel offered at the main floor. There were already way too many people at the bar, so we stole a table before anyone else could get to it.

"Mi alma." Grayson said and claimed the chair next to me.

I gave him a lopsided smile, taking in the rare sighting of him in the mornings.

His hair was sticking in all different directions, a bit of stubble from the past days without shaving. His eyes were still clouded from waking up, but still had the spark it always held. Why does he have to look so good all the time? This is not  the time for my hormones to be acting up.

"There's stuff on your face." I pointed out on my own cheek.

He dusted off his hands and wiped the wrong side of his face. "Gone?"

I brushed off the crumb from his cheek and I hesitantly pulled away. "You eat like you've been starved for days and this is your last meal." 

He flashed me his dimples, going back to digging into his food. "I'm hungry, okay?" I snorted in response.

Forrest made a face at Wyatt. "Point that fork in my face again and I'll bite your fingers off."

Wyatt glanced at Josie and she shrugged non-committedly. "I can't say he won't."

He sighed in defeat.

𑁍 • 𑁍 • 𑁍

I sucked in my stomach as if it could minimise my stretch marks. My thighs were weirdly fat in this bikini. I should've brought my one piece. I tied my hair, wrapped my body in a towel.

Better.

"Let me see!" Val clapped her hands and I did a spin for her when I left the bathroom. "Holy shit. You look hot. Where did you get the set?" She was already sliding on her flip flops. Her curves were showing and exposed. I still  wonder why she hasn't gotten a significant other yet.