37 - Autumn leaves

Start from the beginning

Speaking of artistry, as if on cue, a beautiful blue butterfly suddenly came fluttering over before settling down onto the benches backrest right beside you— a sight comically similar to the very memorable painting that the entity had made, prompting an amused giggle to escape past your lips as you carefully turned to admire the beautiful sight; jokingly uttering out a faint ''Well hello there, reincarnated as a butterfly, did you ghostie?'' before watching how it eventually fluttered its wings and flew away moments later.

Unexpectedly, when you slowly lowered your head to gaze at your fidgeting hands, silent teardrops gradually began to stain your pants as something about the sight caused a stir of emotions to well up— soft broken sniffles eventually making themselves audible while you tightly clenched your fists and cursed softly under your breath. Body trembling slightly as you tried to mute your quiet sobs with little to no success, feeling frustrated that you began to cry over such a thing.

It was only when you noticed a shadow gradually beginning to tower over your frame, that you quickly scurried to wipe your tears in a sorry attempt at pulling yourself together in front of the stranger, uttering out a rather clumsy and choked-up apology while slowly raising your gaze and waiting as your blurred vision due to the tears gradually cleared up— only to be met by the gentle smile of somebody with features awfully similar to the ones of–

Taehyung: It's not like you to get sentimental over a butterfly Gguk, missed me that much, hm?

There was a hint of playfulness in that stupid tone of his while you sat there dumbfoundedly ogling the sight in front of you in sheer disbelief, desperately trying to process just what sort of cruel trick your mind was playing for you right now as you slowly shook your head.

Jungkook: W-What— No w-wait, I'm seeing things aren't I? You're obviously just a fragment of my miserable imagination— this isn't real... T-This is just another dumb hallucination that will perish...

The taller bore an unamused expression as he crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow whilst looking down at you and grumbling out a fairly disappointed ''Really? We're doing this shit again Gguk?''— instantly causing your widened doe eyes that still lingered on him in sheer disbelief to well up with fresh tears as your bottom lip began to quiver, causing the man's gaze to soften while he gently opened his arms for you.

Taehyung: If you don't believe me, then why don't you come up here and check for yourself?

Although there was a brief moment of hesitancy, fearing he'd disappear the second you'd get too close to him, you quickly pushed those fears aside and impatiently shot up from your seat to confirm his presence— launching forward right into his arms before fully breaking into a fit of audible sobs upon feeling how the warmth of his embrace engulfed you fully.

It was a feeling you only could've dreamt of experiencing suddenly becoming reality, and so you couldn't help but desperately cling onto him for dear life whilst nuzzling into the comforting warmth of his shoulder, fearing he'd disappear again if you didn't hold onto him tight enough— the comforting scent of his cologne now rubbing off on you as he held onto you just as tightly, intimately keeping his hand on your head whilst breaking into quiet sobs of relief himself.

Jungkook: Y-You— You're here... Y-You're actually here?

A breathy chuckle left the tallers lips as he nodded in response whilst rubbing soothing circles on your back, deep-toned voice effortlessly comforting you as he spoke ever so gently.

Taehyung: I'm right here petal, right where I should be.

»»———- °˖✧❀✧˖° -———««

Dare I say, this is probably my favorite chapter that I've ever written? 🥹😭

Genuinely broke into tears writing this so if there are spelling errors I missed then my bad, I literally couldn't see! 🙏🏻

I was honestly debating on whether I should write one more filler chapter before this one, but decided against it as it risked being both repetitive and boring— oh and I also think I tortured you guys and myself enough!

Also just to be clear, no this is not the end of this book!

Anyway, hopefully you all enjoyed this week's chapter!💜

-Jing