𝙎𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙁𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙡𝙮 𝘼𝙙𝙫𝙞𝙘𝙚

So, you may have told a slight lie in the text you sent Katsuki.

You planned to go to Mexico, but Shouto had taken his jet to visit someplace in America for something. But, Ochako understood the situation and let you all stay at one of their safehouses. She always thought it was dumb they had safe houses because your family was the only one to use them, so they were guesthouses in her eyes.

It was honestly nice to spend the past week with the kids. Kayoko learned how to do a front flip, and even though it was prolonged and she couldn't land on her feet, it was still impressive. Kyoichi was trying to pronounce the word supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and he could get through supercalifragil. He would listen to you say it and then try to repeat it, but after a certain part, he would just mumble through it. You sometimes couldn't believe that Kahano was almost two months old. She's getting better at tummy time and was close to rolling over.

These were the moments you loved to share with Katsuki when he wasn't being an asshole. Did you overreact? A little. That was something you were able to admit. But at this point, it should be known that when you feel disrespected you react in the worst way possible. But you both were rich, so he could always buy another car. You knew that wasn't what would hurt him, but the leaving might sting a bit. But you needed a break.

The kids were finally asleep, and you decided to reward yourself with a bit of wine and reality TV. You rarely drank while breastfeeding, but with how much you'd pumped Kahano had milk to last her awhile. She also needed to get more comfortable using a bottle, because if she wasn't getting it from the source she'd throw a fit. But this wasn't the time to think about the kids, it was time to watch grown women fight each other over small arguments.

After an episode and a half, you heard a knock on the door. Now, it could be one of two people. It could be Ochako, who just wanted to come by and visit like she did two days ago. Or, Katsuki could've harassed her into giving up your location, which would've taken him days since Ochako has been in multiple hostage situations and has never broken. You softly got up from your spot on the couch and tiptoed to the door, and when you looked into the peephole and didn't see blonde hair you sighed with relief.

When you opened the door, the first thing Ochako noticed was the wine glass in your hand. "You're already drinking?" "It's just been one of those days." You shrugged while she walked in and took her shoes off. "Well then..." She pulled her arm behind her back to reveal a bottle of red wine. "It's a good thing I brought this then." You smiled before taking the bottle and going to the kitchen to grab her a glass. She was already sitting on the couch once you got back, and you opened the bottle and got to pouring.

"You seem to be doing better," Ochako stated while sipping her wine. She wasn't the biggest fan of drinking, but she could tell you needed a break. "I feel better, thought a lot about it, next steps, all that extra stuff." She just nodded a bit before giving you that look. "Okay, now really tell me what's going on." You sighed because lying to Ochako was always able to read someone, despite you having the literal quirk to feel people's emotions.

"I think I'm more angry than anything. I understand that he does a lot, and I would never sell short all his accomplishments, but the fact that for once the attention isn't on him has him in this weird tantrum. This is the first time I've been acknowledged for the work I do, the real work. Not because I wore a pretty dress or popped another kid out, but because I genuinely did something. It stings because if my husband thinks that about me, imagine how everyone else is going to react when they find out."

Ochako listened to your rant. The more she listened, the more she realized just how much this had hurt you. It was more or less about Katsuki than what people thought about you in general. You didn't feel seen, respected, or heard, but like a trophy wife that Katsuki got to show off while he did all the big world saving. You were proud of yourself, yet it felt like everyone else had something to say.

By the time you were done, you'd both finished your first glass and were halfway through your seconds. You had pretty much talked in every circle, and while you weren't quite looking for advice, it would be nice. "You wanna hear a story?" Ochako's question caught you a bit off guard, but you just nodded and looked at her.

"So this was a couple of years ago, I think a few months before Amai turned one. Shouto and I were arguing about something, I don't even remember what, but it was superheated. I'm talking screaming, we're both turning red and out of nowhere he just goes 'The only thing you're good at is having my kids.'" Your eyes had gone a bit wide, and your mouth was slightly agape.

"You're kidding..." "I'm not, he looked me right in the eyes and said it." That had baffled you, while you knew their relationship wasn't perfect, you never expected Shouto of all people to say something like that. "So what did you do?" "I stabbed him." Your face dropped, and then you raised an eyebrow. There was no way she was serious. "Future note, don't argue with your spouse while they're doing the dishes and you ate steaks for dinner."

You couldn't tell if it was the alcohol or if your brain was really just that fumbled, but you just needed to know more. "So what did you do after that?" "We didn't speak unless we needed to, and then after a while, I started coming home later, I didn't sleep in the same bed as him, I would cry myself to sleep, the usual. I think it took us about three weeks to talk about it. All he wanted to do was apologize, but I didn't want his apologies. I wanted him to tell me why he said it, what in his heart made him want to say that to me. And he couldn't give me an answer, and I told him I'd never forgive him until he did."

There was a bead of silence, your mind taking in all her words before gathering them into a single question. You didn't ask it though, because the look on her face gave you an answer. "Love is the most complicated thing a woman could go through." You sighed while leaning against the couch, abandoning the wine glass on the table. "You'll be okay, you two always are. Give yourself as much time as you need, breathe, and when you're ready to talk to him, just do it."