𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙥 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙙

You wish Katsuki would stop you on your late-night food escapades.

Now it was noon, and you had no intention of getting up. You called off work for "family reasons". Which really meant your family was doing something and you knew work was going to make you tired. Katsuki on the other hand was already up and dressed. He was planning on going to Kirishima's for a bit before picking up the kids.

"y/n, I hope you're dressed by the time I get home." You groaned while putting your head in the pillows. "Hun, I'm not gonna be back until about four. I have to wait for Kayoko to get out of school and then get Kyoichi from my parents. I think you can do it." He walked over to your side of the bed and kissed you. It was soft and only lasted for a second. 

"I love you." "I love you too Kit-Kat." Katsuki rolled his eyes at the nickname, but you both shared goodbyes before you left. That left you at home alone, and now you were bored. Thankfully, your phone started to ring. You searched through the covers till you found it, and were surprised to see Jinmon's name. 

"What's up, my little detective?" You heard a faint laugh on the other line and the sound of driving."Hey, you home?" "Yep, the only one here actually." There was a slight silence on the phone before a slight sigh. "Can I come over? I have to tell you something." "Of course, it gives me an excuse to get dressed now." You admitted before she gave a small goodbye and hung up. The tone of her voice told you something was off.

° ° ° ° °

Jinmon was there in about ten minutes. You had only put on sweatpants and a hoodie since she was only coming to talk. You both sat in the living room, and you could tell she was tired by the way she slouched and the dark circles under her eyes. "You want something?" "No, I don't need to stay long."  She ran a hand through her dark brown hair before looking at her hands. "Look, I didn't want to have to tell you this. I know you have a lot going on right now with your family, but it's for your own safety." You tapped your finger against the couch as you listened to her talk.

"Last week there was a jailbreak. Several inmates escaped, and your father was one of them. We've been trying to track him down, but it's been shit so far. There was a break-in at your old apartment, but thankfully the couple that lives there wasn't home." Jinmon looked over at you, seeing your shaking hands. She grabbed one, trying to calm you down. "I have people patrolling around here and we're out on a search for him and three other inmates." You looked up at her as she pushed your chin up, and Jinmon could see the fear in your eyes.

"y/n, I don't want anything to happen to you. I can't tell you to cope with this, but I want you to know that I'm doing everything to get him into our custody." You took a shallow breath before slowly nodding. "So what do I do?" The look on her face told you there was no concrete answer to that question. "I say tell your husband, but other than him keep it quiet. I don't want there to be a big fuss about it. I especially don't want Nishida to know you're on to him. Just lay low while I handle this."

She stood up, dusting her pants off before looking at you. "I love you, don't forget that." Jinmon grabbed her keys and walked out the door, and you sat there until you heard her car drive away. You got up and locked the door, pressing your forehead against the wood.  Your breath staggered as you wiped the tear that slid down your face. 

"Shit..." You mumbled as your hand lightly hit the door. Your fingers rubbed your temples as you sighed, turning around to lean on the door. Your feet moved, taking you back upstairs and to your bed. Would sleep even help? You didn't really know, but it would be a temporary help. So back under the covers you went, trying to hide the fact you were terrified.

° ° ° ° °

The sound of voices is what woke you up. Sitting up, you read the clock and saw it read 4:15. Sleeping didn't help solve problems, but it sure as hell made the time go by fast. You didn't even have time to turn around before you heard the door open. Katsuki was going to say something before he saw your face. "Hey, you okay?" 

He moved to sit on the bed, and you could tell there was no trying to say you were fine. "I just don't feel good." "Told you all that late-night eating wasn't good." You lightly chuckled while grabbing his hand. "I know it's your birthday, but you think we can stay in tonight? You can make dinner with the kids. Katsuki nodded, moving closer to you and kissing your temple.  "I didn't feel like going out anyway. Plus Kayoko was begging for Tonkatsu in the car so this works out." 

He pulled you into a hug, and you rested your head on his shoulder. It took everything in you to not start sobbing in his arms. "You sure you're okay? You're breathing weird." "I just had a bad dream." "Wanna talk about it?" Katsuki's thumb rubbing your back calmed you down as you wrapped your arms around him. You let a breath before kissing his shoulder, a single tear falling from your face.

"No, I'll be fine."

Ha, you THOUGHT you were getting a fun birthday arc, you were fooled ;) You mfs wanted angst, now don't get sad when shit goes down.