26. "The End Is Near"

Start from the beginning

"Shit- Scout 10? Are you there?"

Minji sighed in disappointment, closing her eyes in anger because the scout must've definitely fell for a trap. "For fucks sake.. You stupid scout.."

"Kim Yoohyeon, are you there..?" Minji suddenly said in a low tone, hearing some noise coming from the other side as the girl's panting was soon heard.

"Hey Minji! I didn't hurt him or anything, just hanged him up to chill on top of a tree. He's okay!" Yoohyeon exclaimed, still panting hard while taking in deep breaths. Minji furrowed her eyebrows, clenching on the radio while listening to the girl acting halfhearted. It used to make her happy to hear her voice, but now it annoyed her a lot. She couldn't stand listening to it without fuming with fury every passing second.

"Tell me where you are Kim Yoohyeon." Minji angrily ordered, hearing a little chuckle that made her lose her composure even more. Yoohyeon was being her usual self, and that really annoyed Minji.

"Sorry, but I can't tell you right now. I still have some stuff to do first." Yoohyeon answered simply, making Minji sigh in rage. "Don't make me come and find you myself. You know it won't end well." Minji said in a neutral tone, making Yoohyeon hum rather sadly.

"You hate me a lot now, don't you?" Yoohyeon asked weakly, making Minji freeze on the spot. She didn't expect Yoohyeon to bring that up immediately, but it wasn't something Minji didn't prepare herself for. All she had to do was answer truthfully.

"I don't hate you.. I despise you." Minji said harshly, hearing a shaky sigh coming from Yoohyeon. "I'm sorry.. But I promise that I'll let you do whatever you want once I'm done with something.. Bye Minji, I'll miss you."

"Don't you dare hang u-.."

Minji angrily clenched her radio, putting it back in her pocket the second the other line was disconnected.

"Sure then! If you miss me that much, I'll come to you myself!" Minji cracked her knuckles with a sarcastic smile, immediately running towards the forest in the mentioned zone. She was near the area, so she definitely will get there on time.

...

Yoohyeon sighed, looking at the radio in her hand and then back at the scout that was half conscious. He was tied up on a thick branch with just a single scratch on his face, but he had hit his head on a rock which gave him a slight concussion.

"General Jiu.. will find you.. and kill you.." The scout uttered out, making Yoohyeon chuckle.

"I would like to see her try. I'm faster than her, you know?"

The girl then put his radio back in his pocket, suddenly noticing something felt off. Yoohyeon felt like she was getting stared at by many people from every side.

"Gosh.. Am I too paranoid?" She looked around worriedly, clapping her hands when she was about to walk out the forest. "Alright, you can stay here and wait for your general to save you. It's time for me to go bac-"

*HIT*

The scout widened his eyes, trembling in fear the second he noticed a group of people were behind a currently unconscious Yoohyeon.

"S-Shit.."

...

Minji was running at full speed when she finally reached the forest. She tilted her head, seeing the awakened and terrified state of the scout being tied to a tree.