For Whom the Bell Tolls

Start from the beginning

"Nice of her to share the safety net with us," Hanna scoffed.

"'Wait for it, girls. Wait for it,'" Emily recalled.

"Wait for what?" Isabel frowned.

"That's what Ali said when we met her at the taxi," Emily explained. "Maybe that's what we were waiting for."

"Do you remember at Alison's funeral, when we were all wondering why Jenna was there?" Aria asked.

"If she's telling the truth, Jenna came back because she could," Isabel nodded. "And Ali's the one who got buried."

-

The girls were in the cafeteria later. Emily had just told them about her mom wanting to relocate herself and Emily to Texas to be with Emily's dad.

"Well, if you want, my dad can call your mom and officially offer you the guest room," Aria suggested.

"This is so not fair," Emily sighed. "I mean, we lost each other for a year. I can't imagine not being..."

"I got it," Spencer exclaimed, sitting down next to Isabel.

"Okay, you're sure Ian can't trace this number back to us?" Isabel asked.

"It's a prepaid phone, I used cash, and the number isn't registered, so...service is anonymous," Spencer nodded.

"How do you know this stuff?" Hanna frowned.

"Don't you ever watch CNN?" Spencer said incredulously.

"Not any chance of that," Isabel joked as Hanna stared at Spencer with a confused look on her face.

"Homeland security is trying to ban these things," Spencer added. The others watched as Ian talked to some jocks.

"He acts like he doesn't have a care in the world," Aria scoffed.

"He thinks he got away with it," Hanna agreed.

"Well, he hasn't," Emily assured her.

"Okay, so we convince Ian that this isn't about anything but money," Spencer explained. "Hopefully that'll throw him off of us."

"Yeah, and if he wants his home movies, it's just gonna cost him," Isabel added.

"And then when he shows up for the swap, we..." Spencer started.

"Make our own movie," Hanna smirked, holding up her phone.

"Right, and we take that, the flash drive, and the prepaid phone into the police," Isabel nodded.

"The second he responds with a text, we know that he's guilty," Aria agreed.

Spencer typed, 'I have Ali's videos', but then she hesitated.

"Send it already," Hanna snapped. Spencer did. Isabel watched as Ian took his phone out. He looked at it, then nervously stalked off.

"There must've been a part of me that didn't believe it, because I just... I-I feel..." Aria stammered.

"Numb?" Emily finished.

"Somehow I-I thought I'd feel better when we found out for sure," Spencer added.

"Well, I know what they do to guys like him in prison, and that makes me feel a lot better," Hanna  huffed. Her phone beeped, and she checked it. "It's just my mom making sure I stayed out of bed."

Spencer's burner phone beeped.

"He wants to know what we want," Spencer gulped.

"Put $10,000," Isabel blurted, and Hanna took the phone and wrote, 'Bring $10,00 to Willow Park. 9pm. Come alone.' She hit send.