19

Everyone was talking excitedly as they put their socks and shoes back on and headed out of the room. Angelina and Lee were sitting on one of the tables that were pushed to the side, waiting for me to finish. I walked over to Nott, who was taking an extremely long time to knot his shoelaces.

I kneeled in front of him and looked up grinning. "Need help, Nott?"

"Not particularly." He knotted them in a second before leaning his head on his hands, his arms resting on his legs. "Maybe I just wanted to talk to you."

"And what did you want to talk about?"

"Hm, well." He clicked his tongue. "If I'm being honest. I was a little jealous that you had your arms wrapped around Potter like that. But don't you dare repeat those words, if someone would know I was jealous of Potter." He shuddered. I looked at him for a moment before I started laughing.

"Well, maybe you should volunteer next time then." I bit my lip as I grinned and pushed myself up. Nott followed my lead, and after pushing his wand in his back pocket, he tucked a lose lock of hair behind my ear.

"Maybe I will. See you next week, Lupin-Black."

"You know we have class together before the next meeting, don't you Nott?" I chuckled. Nott just grinned over his shoulder before disappearing out of the classroom, leaving me alone with Angelina and Lee.

"You did amazing." Remus smiled, giving me a side hug. "I'm so proud of you."

"Of me? Even with the charm, I kicked you in the..."

"That's part of my job." He chuckled. "I better get going and start on finishing grading the essays."

"Alright. I'm going over to the tower tonight, so I'll come in later."

"Have fun." He kissed the top of my head, and with a smile at Lee and Angelina he walked out of the room.

I pulled on my shoes and the three of us started to walk towards the Gryffindor tower. We walked in silence for a while, my head was stuck with the fact the twins weren't there, and there was just something in the pit of my stomach that I couldn't shake.

"You're alright?" Angelina asked, placing her hand on my shoulder that pulled me out of my daze.

"Yeah, fine." I gave her a feeble smile and I saw Lee and her exchange a look. "Do you think Alicia's coming around?"

"She is. She wanted to come to the meeting but since she didn't sign up, she didn't want to come unannounced."

"I'll speak to her then." I nodded. "She can come anytime."

"I'm sorry about Fred and George."

"Hm." I hummed as I looked forward, I already saw the replacement portrait of the knight coming into view. "If they didn't want to come, they should have just told me."

"They wanted to come." Lee said.

"Where were they then?" I raised an eyebrow, and neither could answer.

My thoughts were already drifting when Lee said the password and I climbed through the portrait hole after them. When I entered the room, my eyes found the ginger cat. His large yellow eyes followed me across the room, and when I sat down in the corner near the fireplace, the cat jumped off Hermione's lap and crawled into mine. Hermione looked from her cat to me with large brown eyes. She closed her book and walked over.

"Hey, Hermione. I hoped you liked the club." My fingers scratching the cat's ears.

"I did. You're a great teacher." She smiled wide. "You know, he's never done that." She pointed to her cat. "Crookshanks only lets me pet him, Harry on occasion. But sleeping in someone's lap..."

A Marauders' Daughterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें