52

The next few days I was cornered by groups of girls as they all wanted to know about how good the three most popular guys in school kissed. Mostly I could duck away without answering, or Angelina pulled me away. Two or three times I had to use my wand as a distraction before I could escape. The twins' behaviour towards me didn't change, thank Merlin, but I caught them whispering in a corner more than once. And when they saw me approach, they fell quiet and turned a little red. I squinted my eyes for a second before sitting down with them with my homework.

It was the afternoon of a full moon, and I was sitting alone in the common room working on my Transfiguration essay in the corner, while the rest was at Potions. I was so immersed in my work. I didn't hear the portrait open. I only noticed when someone dropped down in front of me. I looked up to see Harry sitting across from me at the small round table.

"Hey, Harry. Where are Hermione and Ron?"

"They're not always with me." He pursed his lips. I lifted a single eyebrow. "Fine, Hermione is at the library and Ron just ran up to get changed." I looked at him questioningly. "Crabbe covered him in slime."

I scrunched up my nose, and Harry chuckled softly. "So, how's it going with Hermione?" I asked offhandedly, inspecting my essay.

"I like her, but -" He looked over his shoulder to the boys' staircase. "I'm still so confused."

"Whether you like boys or girls?" I asked quietly as I looked up.

"Yeah." He rubbed his neck nervously. I reached over and took his hand in mine, giving it a squeeze.

"Harry, you can like both, you know."

"I - I can?"

"Of course. I -" I stopped talking when Ron bounded down the stairs. Harry retracted his hand quickly and stared out the window. I looked up to Ron and supressed a chuckle. "Uhm, Ron. You missed a bit." I pointed to his ear. Ron had a big lob of green slime hanging on his ear. Harry turned to look and burst out laughing as Ron frantically rubbed his ear clean with his sleeve. Harry stood up, already ready to leave.

"Oh, Harry wait up." Harry turned back to me with a raised eyebrow. "It's the full moon tonight. And I'm slipping out of the castle to be with Remus."

"Alright."

"But the others don't know. I need someone to cover for me."

"Okay." He nodded. "Why don't you tell them?"

"They don't know I'm an Animagus, Harry. Why would a sixteen-year-old go hang out with a werewolf."

"Oh, right." He said sheepishly. "Sure, I'll cover for you."

"I'll be there for dinner. The twins have some kind of prank planned after and Angelina and Lee have a date. I'm leaving after dinner. So, can you just tell them when they get back, I didn't feel very well and went to bed early."

"Sure, but what if Angelina comes to check on you."

"I'm just going to put a spell on the bed curtains. She won't notice."

"You've done this before, haven't you?" He smirked and I mimicked his expression. "Be careful." He gave me a hug which threw me off, if I'm being honest. Harry wasn't the type to initiate affection. "Tell Remus and Sirius hi from me." He smiled as he pulled back.

"Will do. Thank you, Harry."

The twins left for their prank before dessert arrived, while Angelina and Lee were already on their date. So, after I finished a chocolate mousse. I winked at Harry before leaving the great hall. I hid behind a tapestry near the front doors before changing into Loki. Since I was alone and in wolf form, I reached Hogsmeade faster than last time. I changed back before I stepped inside The Three Broomsticks and floo'd over directly to Black's house.