66

Because of the new year, you all get an extra update!Have a great 2024.Lots of love!

It wasn't mature of me, but I avoided being alone with the twins since that evening in the kitchen. Not perse because I was embarrassed, but I think I would jump their bones the moment we were alone. The night before the ball, I had just packed an overnight bag and headed down to the common room. I felt the eyes of the twins on me before I saw them. I quickly darted over to Harry.

"Hey, Harry. Are you ready?" I leaned against the table where he was reading a Quidditch magazine.

"Yeah, give me a minute. I'll get my bag." He said before he started upstairs.

"Will you be back in time?" Angelina asked behind me. I turned around to see her sitting with Lee, Fred and George near the fire. I walked over to them.

"Yes, I should be back by eight the latest. I'm going to get ready there and my uncle will apparate us back to Hogsmeade. I think McGonagall would have my head if we're late." I chuckled.

"You're probably right." Lee laughed, placing his arm on the back of the couch, to play with Angelina's hair. "Ready to lead the ball?"

"I try not to think about it too much, just knowing that all eyes are on me." I scrunched my nose.

"It's the same with the tasks though." Lee said.

"Not really, because there was a dragon in front of me." I chuckled. "And I placed a charm over my ears to block out the noise." I adjusted my bag on my shoulder as Harry came down. I turned back to my friends with a small smile. "I can't wait to see you all dressed up tomorrow." I said, my eyes flicking quickly over the twins before turning away again. "Happy Christmas."

"Happy Christmas." They chimed, and Harry and I turned to walk out of the common room.

When we arrived at Sirius's house, Uncle Moony took me aside for a moment and asked the same question for the twentieth time.

"Are you sure? We have spent Christmas with just the two of us for the past twelve years." His hands resting on my shoulders, leaning his head down to look me in the eye.

"I'm sure." I assured him again, a smile on my lips. "Besides we will still have our alone time. While Sirius and Harry prepare dinner, we're going to the Christmas market in London, right? Or did something change?"

"No, no." He squeezed my shoulders. "That will still be just the two of us." He smiled. "We're going to make some gingerbread houses, make Christmas decorations, shopping. The whole works."

"Good." I grinned, I looked over my shoulder to Harry and Sirius in the kitchen. "Are you sure they don't mind, though?"

"No, Sirius understands that we have a tradition. I think he's just over the moon by the fact that you want to spend Christmas with him, even it's for a few hours."

"Dinner is ready!" Sirius called from the kitchen.

Moony wrapped an arm around my shoulders and guided me to the kitchen. Harry and Sirius were already sitting on one side of the kitchen table, unpacking the food. I laughed.

"Normally when people say, dinner is ready -" I said sliding on the stool opposite of Harry. "They mean home made."

Sirius grinned. "You know how hard it is to go over to Chow Meng's and bring it all the way home, that's hard labour, little Lupin." I raised an eyebrow at the nickname, Moony chuckled. "Or don't you like Chinese?" He suddenly asked nervously.