The Love Triangle | M.M.

Start from the beginning

"Max."

"You had no right to bring my brother into that argument! Especially since it's the one year anniversary of his death." Max yelled.

"I- I didn't mean too." You said.

"Sure you didn't." Max nodded. "And for the record, Lucas was trying to be there for me but I didn't let him. You had some nerve. You were'nt there for me either. Sure, you came over a few times to see how I was doing but that's about it." Max started to tear up.

"Max." You softly said.

You stood up from your bed and walked over to Max as she started to cry. You wrapped your arms around her and she basically melted in your arms.

"You weren't there." Max cried. "I needed you and you weren't there."

A tear fell down your cheek as you listened to her.

"I'm sorry, Max." You choked out. "I wanted to be there for you, I really did. You pushed everyone away and I didn't think you wanted me anymore."

"I'll always want you, y/n. I love you." Max said.

You wanted to say it back to her but you couldn't. You didn't think she meant it. She did almost kiss your brother not even an hour ago.

Max pulled away from the hug and looked at you. "You're not gonna say it back?"

"Uh." You looked into her eyes. "I... I can't."

Max looked at you for a few seconds before she let out a sigh and left your room.

"I love you, too..." You whispered once Max was out of hearing range.

...

It's been a week since you last talked to Max. She's ignoring all your calls and hasn't showed up to any group hangouts. Lucas hasn't heard from her either. You decided to head to her trailer and talk to her.

You got to her trailer and knocked on the door. Her mom's car wasn't there so you assumed to she was at work. Max opened the door a few seconds after you knocked.

"Uh, hey." You smiled.

"What are you doing here?" Max asked.

"I wanna talk with you about last week. You're shutting down again and I don't wanna be the reason for that." You honestly said.

Max slightly rolled her eyes and let you in. She walked into her bedroom and you followed her. You sat on her bed and she sat across from you.

"I love you, Max. I do." You told her.

"Then why didn't you say it back?" Max asked.

"Because i'm not sure you really mean it. For all I know you could still be in love with Lucas." You said.

"But i'm not." Max told you.

"Then why did you almost kiss him last week?" You asked.

Max thought about it. "I don't know."

"You can't have both of us, Max." You shook your head.

"I know." Max said.

You stayed silent for a few seconds. "So, what's it gonna be? Me or him?"

"You're making me choose?" Max asked with raised eyebrows and you nodded. "This isn't a decision I can make right now. I need time to think."

"If you really loved me then you wouldn't need time to think." You stood up from her bed and left.

"Y/n!" Max called after you but you ignored her.

...

After you left Max's, you walked around town for a couple hours before you went back home.

When you got back home, you walked upstairs. You passed by Lucas' room and saw him and Max talking on his bed. You stood by the door and listened in on their conversation.

"I'm glad you finally made a decision." Lucas said.

"Me too." Max softly said.

You peeked through the door and watched the two of them hug. You clenched your jaw before heading to your room. But with your luck, the floorboard creaked as you stepped on it.

Max and Lucas turned and saw you standing in the doorway. You looked at them before going to your room.

"Y/n." Max stood up and ran after you.

You tried to close your door but Max pushed it open and walked into your room.

"Go away, Max. I get it, you picked him and not me." You said.

"I didn't pick Lucas." Max told you and she closed your room door. "I pick you."

"But Lucas said-"

"He was glad I picked you."

"Really?"

"Yes. It's always been you, y/n/n." Max grabbed the collar of your shirt and pulled you in for a kiss.

"Oh, wow." You said after Max pulled away.

"So, will you officially be my girlfriend?" Max asked.

"Fuck yeah." You smiled.

Max chuckled before connecting your lips again.