232 | Paint It Red

Mulai dari awal

     "So you think the Saints have failed?" Ren asks next, making him furrow his brows in confusion.

     "Well, their system wouldn't be like this if they didn't, right? They know the state of the white uniforms. They're the very face and representatives of the student body, and they have the most power to do something about it, yet they do nothing. They have failed. And they have failed greatly," Max answers, and the way Ren chuckled instantly made Max realize that this wasn't the answer that the clever lord was hoping for

     "You really do have so much to learn here," Ren says as he starts circling around the fountain.

     "Do you know why President Ian decided to hide your real rank?" Ren asks while Max follows behind him. When Max didn't say anything, Ren answered his own question instead. "It's so you can fully experience St. George Academy in its rawest form. If you were treated as a special guest, you would have learned nothing, and this exchange program would have been useless. That's what President Ian decided on even before you ranked up."

     "Look like President Ian knows what he's doing."

     "He wouldn't be president if he didn't. And we wouldn't have been following him if he wasn't capable."

     "Well, it hasn't even been a day, and I already learned so much," Max truthfully says. "The living conditions of the serfs here...it's just terrible. It's different from the bullying of serfs in J.S High. Of course, I'm not saying bullying is okay either, but...I don't even know how to describe it," Max explains, now staring at the fountain as well.

     Ren turns his head and looks at Max for a couple of seconds before telling him, "Did you know that the previous Elites President, President Matthew Grey Cullen, was the one who proposed the White Uniform Protection Code?"

     "Yes, I've learned about it."

     As a refresher, former Elites President, Grey Cullen, proposed two codes that are now part of the official rules and regulations of J.S High. These rules are the White Uniform Protection Code, which protects all white uniforms from getting targeted, bullied, or even harmed by the brotherhoods without a valid reason, thus the creation of brotherhood customs. And the other code is the Brotherhood Protection Code, which protects the brotherhoods from each other. This is why they cannot fight outside official battles.

     But other than those definitions, these codes each have five more clauses under them, which President Grey deliberately wrote down. And one of those clauses is that the Elites' interest must always be aligned with the well-being of both the black and white uniforms. This means that if the Elites are caught purposely making the lives of the students difficult, they are subjected to deliberation and expulsion.

     This was something that Max learned about when he became part of the top 10 white uniforms.

     "That WUP code became the very reason why white uniforms have better 'living' conditions in J.S High. As for St. George Academy, they apparently don't have it," Ren reveals, surprising Max.

     "Wait, I thought all the brotherhood houses follow this code," Max assumes, and Ren sighs and shakes his head in reply.

     "I'm only saying this because you helped us during the Brotherhood Reranking by finding out about that rigged bullet. And this information might actually give you a heads start," Ren suddenly says, surprising Max because he wasn't expecting such a present from the lord.

     "Regarding the WUP Code, only the House of Knights and Rooks followed it. At the same time, the House of Pawns followed the BP Code. St. George Academy's previous Saints proposed something else, and that's the Division Program," Ren answers, making Max mentally write down everything that Ren is saying.