Chapter 27 - Brave Bodies - Part II

"Gahn, place her down. You have disorientated her long enough." The voice that spoke sounded like a cello having its strings slowly vibrated with a new bow.

They were in a throne room more glamorous than Blethinette's. It was bigger; the room was a giant oval with plain golden walls. The ceiling, polished silver that illuminated with an imperceptible light source, reflected and intensified the golden walls' brilliance. The throne seat that stood in the middle of the room upon a plateau of stairs was a slender structure of liquid looking onyx.

The figure that should have been sitting on that chair was instead standing. He was dressed in a military looking outfit that was entirely white. The long sleeved chest piece, adorned with two descending rows of golden claps, had a knee length tail that hugged his legs. Buckled around his waist was a black belt. Smaller versions of them hugged each of his upper thighs for the purpose of securing a possible holster for a peculiar weapon.

He softly gazed at the two individuals before him with hazy grey eyes framed by crow's feet. A simple golden band that held an oval, white jewel served as his crown. Locks of dark hair looped around it. "Gahn," he spoke again.

Still draped over her kidnapper's arms, the addressed demon finally placed Reyna down on the black floor

Still draped over her kidnapper's arms, the addressed demon finally placed Reyna down on the black floor. Her body still recovering from its super speed trip, she staggered and swayed to the left. Gahn was quick to catch her. Once she found her footing, Reyna looked at the demon king with amazement.

It was an odd sight, for Reyna was a canvas of blood. Her capri pants were no longer khaki. Having absorbed blood of all colors, it turned a murky, sticky black. Her chest and arms were splotched with splatterings of red, green, purple, gold, and other colors overlapping one another to form new ones. Compared to the king's snowy attire, she truly appeared like a peasant before a god.

The king smiled at Reyna, sensing her anticipation and awe. "You are an English speaker, yes?"

She weakly nodded.

He returned the gesture. "Do not fear me. I am a friend. I took you from the battlefield because I wished to tell you something for you to hear alone; though, I am sorry for the forceful manner Gahn took you."

Reyna could not find her voice. Instead, she looked down and that was when panic found her. She hesitantly stepped back in her futile attempt to escape the circular room that held two intimidating demons. She only succeeded bumping into Gahn.

She looked up at him. He stood several inches taller than her. His dark blonde hair was pulled back in a low ponytail with random strands draping around his face, loosened from his earlier run. He sported several silver piercings on both his ears, the first demon to be seen with such accessories. Also a first, he was wearing human clothes. A plain dark green T-shirt hugged his chest accompanied by comfortable looking dark blue jeans. Though toned like all demons seemed to be, his body was more on the slender side.

He smiled a fangy grin at Reyna, his golden eyes sparking a smile of their own.