°•°•Chapter Twenty Three•°•°

When everyone was out the train safe and sound. Tanjiro was a bit in pain, but he will be ok it was a small deep cut. Rengoku came over to tanjiro with a big smile " You did good my boy~! I'm proud!" Rengoku compliments. Rengoku notice how tanjiro was holding he's side " Did you get hurt?" " Yes, but don't worry about it I'm fine. Its just a cut"

Rengoku looks down to see we blood on his fingers and unifrom.
* Must be a deep cut..* Rengoku thought. He went over to tanjiro " Take a deep breath and think about where to wound take place at. When you find it concentrate to stop the bleeding. This will make you lose less blood and you can heal faster then normal, not as fast as demons it should take a few weeks" Rengoku explains.

Tanjiro follows each steps rengoku says feeling his body healing itself. Tanjiro opens his eyes look into rengokus " Thank you, rengoku-san" rengoku smiles at tanjiro " Its no problem!"

Then they heard a loud crash near by, both tanjiro and rengoku turn around to see uppermoon three. This shocks both of them the uppermoon ran at tanjiro with such a fast speed that he couldn't react on time. Luckly rengoku reacted on time cutting the uppermoon hand making him jump away.

" What a fine sword you have there~" he said. Lick the blood off his wrist. Rengoku stand infront of him protectively.
" What your name hashira?"
" Rengoku Kyōjurō, the flama hashira." Rengoku told the uppermoon. The uppermoon smiles " Akaza, just akaza or you could just call me uppermoon 3. So Kyōjueō~ join me and become a demon" he offered.

Rengoku simple shook his head " I have to reject, it my job to protect the innocent people that can't defend themself" Akaza rools his eyes " That to bad~ I guess I have to kill you then" he made a snowflake patter on the ground.
He looks in rengokus eyes seeing his own reflection.
He did his blood demon art running at rengoku with full speed.

Rengoku dodge his attacks useing his flame breathing. Tanjiro wants to help but if hes stops concentrating on the wound he will start bleeding again.
" Tanjiro! Whats going on!?" Zenitsu ran up asking him. Tanjiro was staring at the fight
" Rengoku-san, is fight upper moon 3. We need to help him I having a feeling something will happen!" Tanjiro saids.

The fight continue for 15 minutes, when Akaza hit rengoku in the eyes and head making him bleed.
" Don't tell me your tired~" he smirks.
Rengoku took deep breath, breathing hard fire went all around his body.
He turns his body with flaming fire all around and on him. He glares at the uppermoon " I'll make sure everyone here will make it out of here alive, even if it casue my life! Flame breathing, ninth form: RENGOKU!"

 He glares at the uppermoon " I'll make sure everyone here will make it out of here alive, even if it casue my life! Flame breathing, ninth form: RENGOKU!"

A big fire ball of a dragon ran toward Akaza, this made akaza excited

A big fire ball of a dragon ran toward Akaza, this made akaza excited. He used his blood demon art to block most of rengoku attacks. Rengoku slice trough akaza arm down to his stomach up to his neck. When rengoku tires to cut his neck, akaza hits the sword moving it away from his neck.

Tanjiro seen when akaza was going to punch rengoku in his stomach. He acted fast running with speed he never did before, cutting akaza arm away from rengoku. This shocks uppermoon three, he looks at tanjiro with anger.
" Who the hell you think you are!? You want to fight with me next kid!?" He was pissed. Rengoku moves tanjiro behind him, he notice that the sun was slowly rising up.

Akaza notice to he smirks a started to run " I'll see you next time kid, and next will be your last kid" then that he disappeared Into the Woods.
Tanjiro fell on his knees in pain, rengoku went down to ask if he's was ok.
" Tanjiro, I'm grateful that you saved my life."  Tanjiro smiles at him " I cant let one of my favorite hashira die infront of my eyes" rengoku eyes widen.

" I'm one of your favorite?..Even tho I voted to kill both you and your sister.." Rengoku felt guilty " I understand why you did, but I could see who you really are rengoku-san" Rengoku smiles " I'll accept your sister, the both you have my respect" Rengoku saids.
Tanjiro was beyond happy " I should take a nap.." tanjiro saids. Rengoku shook his head " No, stay awake till the helper come. I'll stay with you until then" rengoku saids.

Tanjiro slowly nodded " Tanjiro!? Stay woth us!! Me and Nezuko-chan needs you!!" Zenitsu crieds. Tanjiro laughed quitely " I'm be ok zenitsu, I promised.."

Rengoku looks at tanjiro with a sad look, he put tanjiro in his arms letting tanjiro head rest on his chest. Rengoku seen when tanjiro blocks the attack from akaza, he was hit in the same spot that he was cut at. It made his cut bigger and more deeper that it was blood going down his leg and everything.

He was losing blood, Rengoku was trying to put pressure on tanjiro wound. Thats when the kakushi finally came they tired to help rengoku first.
" No, help tanjiro he needs it more then I do. Hes dying" Rengoku said. The kakushi went to tanjiro putting oxygen mask on him and everything.

Tanjiro closed his eyes hearing the kakushi and his friends.
" Tanjiro, you have to open your eyes.." Yoriichi voice spoked out.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

916 words!!!!