49

Becky POV

I walked through the mall, my mind focused on finding the perfect present to propose to Freen as my girlfriend. I knew she liked flowers, especially tulips, so I had already booked a bouquet of her favorite blooms. As I made my way through the bustling crowd, my heart raced with excitement and nervousness.

My next goal was to find a promise ring that would signify my commitment to our relationship. I browsed through different stores, carefully considering each option. And then, I saw it – a delicate ring that caught my eye. It was elegant and simple, just like our relationship.

As I approached the counter to inquire about the ring, my heart skipped a beat when I saw Freen. She was there in the Dior jewelry store, hugging a woman I didn't recognize. My confusion and surprise mingled as I watched them, my brows furrowing. Freen had told me she would be working overtime at the hospital today, so what was she doing here?

A mix of emotions flooded over me – curiosity, jealousy, and a touch of unease. I knew I shouldn't jump to conclusions, but seeing Freen hugging and laughing with a stranger triggered a pang of insecurity within me. I trusted Freen completely, yet the sight still tugged at my emotions.

I watched them from a distance, trying to figure out what was going on. Why had Freen lied about her whereabouts? What was she doing in a jewelry store? I hesitated, torn between walking over to confront her and giving her some space.

Eventually, Freen and the man said their goodbyes, and Freen turned back to the counter. My heart raced as I wondered if I should approach her now or wait until later. I took a deep breath, reminding myself that communication was key in our relationship.

As Freen finalized her purchase and left the store, I made my decision. I would talk to her, calmly and openly. There might be a reasonable explanation for everything, and I didn't want to jump to conclusions. But I also wanted to understand why she had lied and what had prompted her visit to the jewelry store.

She was standing at the counter, engaged in conversation with a woman I didn't recognize. My heart sank slightly as confusion and jealousy intermingled within me. Freen had told me she would be working late at the hospital, and yet here she was in a jewelry store, hugging and laughing with another woman.

I tried to push away the negative thoughts that crept into my mind. Maybe it was just a chance encounter. Maybe there was a reasonable explanation for it all. But despite my efforts, the unease remained, gnawing at the edges of my excitement.

Part of me wanted to confront Freen right then and there, to demand an explanation for her presence in the jewelry store. But I also knew that jumping to conclusions without understanding the full picture wouldn't be fair to either of us. I needed to hear her side of the story, to find out the truth before making any judgments.

As I watched from a distance, my heart was torn between my love for Freen and the questions that were eating away at me. I took a deep breath and reminded myself that trust was the foundation of our relationship. And so, with a renewed determination, I decided to wait and give Freen a chance to explain before letting my emotions get the best of me.

The aroma of the dinner filled the air as Freen and I sat at the table in my apartment. We both had our plates of food in front of us, but my mind was elsewhere. The tension from earlier was still lingering, the questions and doubts gnawing at me. I couldn't shake off the feeling that something was amiss.

I took a deep breath, trying to gather the courage to address the elephant in the room. "Hey, Freen," I began cautiously, "I couldn't help but notice that you were at the Dior jewellery store earlier today."