6

The debate competition had come and gone, and Becky was feeling a mix of emotions as she met Nop afterward. She had performed exceptionally well, and while she had hoped Nop would be there to witness her success, his absence had left her feeling disappointed and hurt.

Becky: (with a hint of frustration) Nop, where have you been? You've been ghosting me for days, and I couldn't even reach you during the competition.

Nop: (defensively) I've been busy, Becky. You know how much work I have to handle.

Becky: (disappointed) I understand you have work, but I thought you said you would try to be there. It was important to me, and I wanted you to see how much effort I put into it.

Nop: (sighs) I said I would try, and I did. But things got really hectic, and I couldn't make it. Is that such a big deal?

Becky: (feeling hurt) Yes, Nop, it is a big deal to me. You promised, and then you just disappeared without a word.

Nop: (annoyed) I don't see why you're making such a fuss about it. It's not like I abandoned you.

Becky: (teary-eyed) I just wanted you to be there for me, to support me like you used to. But lately, it feels like you're always too busy for me.

Nop: (frustrated) I have responsibilities, Becky. I can't just drop everything whenever you want me to.

Becky: (angry) I'm not asking you to drop everything, Nop. I just wanted you to be there for something that's important to me.

Nop: (raising his voice) I can't always be there for everything, Becky. It's not fair for you to expect that of me.

Becky: (wiping away tears) I'm not expecting you to be there for everything, but when it's something that matters to me, I thought you would understand.

Nop: (crossing his arms) You're being too clingy and dependent on me. I have my own life and my own priorities.

Becky: (hurt) I'm not being clingy. I just wanted my boyfriend to be there for me when I needed him.

Nop: (frustrated) I've been busy working day and night, and you don't appreciate that. Instead, you just keep complaining and making me feel guilty.

Becky: (crying) I appreciate your hard work, Nop, but I also need to know that I can count on you.

Nop: (rolling his eyes) I'm here now, aren't I? I just finished my work, and I came to see you.

Becky: (sniffles) It's not just about being physically present, Nop. I need to know that you care and that I can rely on you.

Nop: (sighs) I do care about you, Becky. But you're always making a big deal out of things, and it's exhausting.

Becky: (voice trembling) I'm sorry if I expect too much from you. I just thought we were supposed to be there for each other.

Nop: (frustrated) Maybe we're not meant to be together if you're always going to be like this.

Becky: (heartbroken) Are you saying you don't want to be with me anymore?

Nop: (shrugging) I don't know, Becky. Maybe we need some space to figure things out.