11

Heng and Nam, Freen's best friends, were sitting together at a cozy cafe, enjoying their lunch while waiting for Freen to finish her surgery. They knew how passionate Freen was about her work as a pediatrician, and they were excited to hear about her latest successful surgery.

As they were chatting and savoring their food, Freen approached them with a big smile on her face. She looked elated and full of energy, clearly excited to share her latest experience.

Freen: (happily) Hey, guys! Guess what? I just had the most interesting bowel surgery today!

Heng: (intrigued) Oh, really? Tell us more, Freen!

Freen: (innocently) Well, you know, it was a complex case, and the patient had a unique condition... let's just say, it involved a lot of poop! The patient had a severe case of diverticulitis, and we had to remove a part of the affected colon...

Heng and Nam's faces immediately changed, and they looked at each other with a mix of amusement and disgust. They knew Freen had a habit of being very straightforward about medical details, but sometimes, it could be a little overwhelming for those with a weak stomach.

Heng: (intrigued) Oh, really? How did the surgery go?

Freen: (excitedly) It went incredibly well! We were able to remove the affected part and successfully reattach the healthy sections. The patient is doing great now!

Nam: (grimacing) That's great to hear, Freen. But do you mind sparing us the gory details? We're trying to eat here.

Freen: (apologetically) Oops, sorry about that. I just get so enthusiastic about my surgeries sometimes.

Nam: (playfully) Well, next time, maybe just give us the cliff notes version, okay?

Freen: (grinning) Sure, I'll try my best. But you know me, I get carried away!

Nam: (teasingly) Oh, thanks for sharing, Freen. I'm sure we all needed to hear about that over lunch.

Heng: (laughing) Yeah, I think you just ruined our appetite.

Freen: (apologetically) Oh, I'm sorry if that was too much. I just get so excited about my work sometimes, and I forget that not everyone wants to hear the nitty-gritty details.

Nam: (smirking) You definitely have a unique way of keeping the conversation interesting.

Heng: (grinning) That's one way to put it.

Despite Nam's playful complaint, Freen couldn't help but smile at her friends' reactions. She appreciated their sense of humor and knew that they understood her passion for her work.

Freen: (grinning) Well, I promise I'll spare you the details next time we're eating. How about we talk about something else?

Nam: (smiling) That sounds like a plan.

Heng: (jokingly) Yeah, maybe something that won't make us lose our appetite.

Freen: (laughing) Deal! So, how have you guys been?

The conversation shifted to lighter topics, and they all enjoyed the rest of their lunch together, laughing and catching up on each other's lives. Despite the slightly gross start to the conversation, they knew that their friendship was strong and built on years of understanding and support.