14

The early morning sun cast a soft glow through the windows of the hospital, illuminating the bustling corridors with a warm light. Among the busy medical staff, Freen looked noticeably restless and exhausted. Her eyes were heavy with tiredness, and her movements were slow and deliberate. Last night had been a whirlwind of emotions for her, and she hadn't slept a wink.

As she made her way to the breakroom, her mind kept drifting back to the unexpected moment with Becky. The image of Becky's lips pressed against hers lingered in her thoughts, and a blush crept onto her cheeks every time she recalled the sensation.

Nam, Freen's best friend and fellow doctor, noticed her disheveled appearance and concerningly tired eyes. She approached Freen with a cup of steaming coffee and a worried expression on her face.

Nam: (softly) Hey, Freen. You look like you could use this.

Freen managed a tired smile and accepted the coffee gratefully, taking a sip to help wake her up.

Nam: (concerned) Is everything okay? You seem really off today.

Freen: (resting her head on Nam's shoulder) I barely slept last night. My mind's been racing with so many thoughts.

Nam: (worried) What happened? Is there something on your mind?

Freen hesitated for a moment, unsure if she should share her feelings with Nam. But she knew Nam was a good listener and would be there to support her.

Freen: (sighing) It's about Becky. Last night... something unexpected happened.

Nam: (intrigued) Oh? What happened?

Freen took a deep breath and began recounting the events of last night, including the passionate kiss from Becky.

Freen: (blushing) I don't know why, but she kissed me. And it's been on my mind ever since. I can't stop thinking about it.

Nam: (surprised) Wow, that's... unexpected. How do you feel about it?

Freen: (hesitant) I don't know, Nam. It's confusing. I care about Becky so much, but I've never thought of her in that way before. It's like my feelings for her have suddenly changed, and I don't know what to make of it.

Nam: (supportive) Well, it's okay to be confused. Maybe this is just a momentary thing, and your feelings will settle in time.

Freen: (nervous) I hope so. I don't want to ruin our friendship or make her uncomfortable.

Becky groaned as she slowly opened her eyes, feeling the weight of a pounding headache. She had overindulged in the wine last night, and now she was paying the price. She dragged herself out of bed and stumbled towards the bathroom, hoping to find some relief for her hangover.

As she stood in front of the mirror, she couldn't help but scold herself for drinking too much. She mumbled under her breath, "Why do I always do this to myself? Hangovers are the worst."

But as she reached for her toothbrush, she noticed something strange. There was toothpaste already applied to it. Confused, she looked around the bathroom, trying to make sense of it.

Becky: (muttering) Did I... did I brush my teeth already? That's weird. I don't remember doing that.

She shook her head, assuming that her memory was just fuzzy from the hangover. But when she made her way back to her bedroom, she noticed a small breakfast sandwich and a bottle of pain relievers on the table beside her bed. There was also a handwritten note next to them.

Becky picked up the note and read the familiar handwriting. It was from Freen.

Note: "Hey Becky, hope you're feeling better. I made you some breakfast and left some medicine for your hangover. Take care, and feel free to call me if you need anything. - Freen"