Chapter Two

"BOSS, ARE YOU SURE?" I GRIPPED the tumbler tighter in my palm at Marco's aggravating voice

"BOSS, ARE YOU SURE?" I GRIPPED the tumbler tighter in my palm at Marco's aggravating voice. We were in one of the strip clubs in Moscow, and all I wanted was my cock inside a warm mouth. Wasn't that the fucking reason I was here? I wasn't here to hear Marco question me.

I took the glass to my lips and glowered at him. He rolled his eyes, walked to the glass wall and looked down at the clients getting their cocks sucked. "You could find yourself a whore tonight and stop fucking interfering in my business."

"It's my business, too, if you're fucking acting without thought." I slammed the glass onto the table, smashing the thing into tiny pieces. I squeezed, allowing the shards to sink into my palm. Marco turned to face me and shook his head. "You're being reckless, and I will not allow you to put your fucking life in danger."

"Say fucking to me, One. More. Time, and I will break your fucking legs." Marco sighed. I retrieved a handkerchief from my pocket and wiped the blood on the fucking table. "And quit sighing. It aggravates me. You aggravate me."

"Hm. I'll take it if it means you change your mind."

"And when have you ever managed to do that?" I tossed the handkerchief away. "You may be the closest fucking thing I have to a brother, but I am still your boss." If another person spoke to me like Marco, I would crush his neck with my bare hands. I have given that bastard enough passes, and he takes advantage of them each time. Marco was starting to piss me off.

"All I am saying is that you cannot kill Alessandro's wife." My jaw clenched.

"Marco. Shut the fuck up!" I loosened my tie in a severe move which was sure to leave a red mark on my fucking neck. "Don't tell me what to do."

"Adrik, you're looking for war with the Italians with your fucked up plan. They've laid low and don't fuck with our territory, so why the fuck do you want to put a bullet in his wife's fucking head." He jabbed a finger in the centre of his forehead. I laughed. "You're fucking insane, and it will kill you one day."

"That's my cross to carry, Brother." He groaned, taking the last swig out of his glass. "Pour me some vodka if you have nothing else important to say to me." He poured himself a glass, drank it and poured one for the both of us.

"You cannot kill an innocent woman for fun." He placed the drink in front of me. "We don't do that in the brotherhood. Your father would-" My jaw clenched at the mention of Fyodor Mikhailov. That man was no father but a fucking sperm donor. He never deserved that title up to this day. Everyone in this family suffered because of it, and now that he was having a date with death, I could fucking smile at the damn stars in the sky. Somewhere he will never be. That makes two of us. "You're fucking hard-headed."

"Innocent woman? She was born a sinner, and her husband must tell her everything like the fucking soft man he is." I downed my drink.

"Alessandro is anything but soft. Falling in love with his woman doesn't make him soft but dangerous."