Kim Jongin(Kai): Little princess

Pairing: Kim Jongin (Kai) x Reader

Summary: You and your husband Kai gaze lovingly at your newborn daughter in the hospital. Only, not everything is as it seems...

Genre: New Parents AU, Baby Daddy!Kai, Fluff

Word Count: 0.6k

You're pressed up against the glass wall of the neonatal care room, staring at the rows of cots with newborn babies.

Your body aches all over and you feel like you haven't slept in years, but you're happy. Earlier today, you gave birth to your first child!

After a lot of debating, you and your husband Kai decided to call her Rose, after the flowers Kai gave you on your first date, four years ago.

You spot your little girl in the third cot from the left and gaze at her lovingly.

The door at the end of the hallway slams open, and you snap your head toward the sound. It's your husband, Kai, bounding down the hall towards you.

Your mouth falls open when you see what he's wearing. A fluffy brown onesie compliments his chocolatey skin and chestnut hair perfectly. He looks like one gorgeous giant bear.

"My wife, the mother of my child, the love of my life! Hug me... Oh god, I'm so happy I could die!"

Kai's rare exclamation of affection makes your heart melt into a sticky chocolate puddle.

He pulls you in for a hug, his strong arms wrapping around you. You realize you feel the safest you have in forever.

Kai is a constellation of contradictions – pillowy soft onesie on the outside, hard planes of muscle on the inside. Your very own caramel éclair.

Keeping his arm tucked around your waist, Kai peers through the glass too. "Look at our daughter, Y/n... We made her, can you believe it? Us! Damn."

You chuckle, snuggling closer to your husband.

Kai leans in so his plump lips brush your ear. "You did so good Mommy. Can't wait to take you home." Kai gives you a naughty smirk and you feel your cheeks warm.

"You did well too... daddy," you whisper back, stroking your fingers down his bronze cheek.

Kai's midnight eyes glimmer as he gazes down at you.

"Oh, I almost forgot! Check this out." Untangling his arms from yours, Kai reaches inside his Gucci satchel and pulls out an adorable tiny bear onesie, identical to his.

"This is for my little princess," he says, beaming.

"She'll love it." You squeeze Kai's big hand, turning back to stare at your lovely daughter.

"She's prettier than all the other babies here, isn't she?" you whisper.

Kai nods vehemently. "I mean come on, Y/n, look at who she's got for parents!"

A doctor with smile-creased cheeks stops beside you. "Hello, Mr and Mrs Kim! The checks went well; Rose is completely healthy. You'll be able to take her home later today."

"Thanks, doc," Kai says.

The doctor's friendly smile shifts to a bemused one as she follows your gaze. She clears her throat. "Umm, that's not your daughter."

"What?" you exclaim in unison, frowning at her.

Giving you a knowing smile, the doctor points at a different baby, on the opposite side of the room.

"That's your child," she says.

You and Kai both lean in, squinting through the glass.

A tiny baby is lying in the cot, wearing a blue woolen hat. Even wrapped up in soft blankets, you can see she has your warm eyes and Kai's cute nose.

When you look closer, you notice a glittery pink card taped to the side of the cot, labeled 'Rose Kim'.

The realization suddenly hits you.

You can't help but burst out laughing, your husband's baritone joining in.

"Oops!"

tumblr:writemekpop