Bang Chan: Overstimulated

Genderless Y/N has a rough day and gets overstimulated at work. When they get home, Chan is there to help calm things down.

As the big hand on the clock joins its partner, the work day is officially over. That's normally good. Especially today.

It's been a particularly stressful day at work. Nothing insane had happened- it wasn't as if someone had a stroke in their office. But little things had piled up all day.

For example, you'd woken up late. Not having time to stop and get coffee from the shop near you, you decided to get some at work. You took a crowded, stuffy metro ride all the way to work, just to be met with a broken coffee machine. It was like that all day. Someone coughing too loud and far too near you. Having to rush through your lunch. A meeting running just ten minutes too long. Nothing particularly unbearable, but the overstimulation sank in fast. It was like your skin was burning but only on the inside. Every sound too loud, every smell too strong. It was unbearable.

So, usually, 7:00 would be a relief. But today it's a new worry. Rush hour traffic. Everyone's going to be on the train. It'd be just like this morning, except people would be even more annoyed this time. Pushing, snapping, more teenagers running around outside the stations.

Your hands tremble with mounting anxiety as your train speeds towards home. Three stops left. You think to yourself, white-knuckling the pole on your left. The train lurches to a halt. Someone steps on your toe and the pain is amplified, swimming up your leg like a neurotoxin. The man mutters an apology and bows his head a bit before hurrying off.

Two stops left. The person next to you is blasting their music too loud. Someone keeps swinging their foot- it's clipping against the ground. Yet another person coughs too loudly. You swallow harshly and screw your eyes shut. The train stops. More people get off, more people get on.

One stop left. You think, biting the inside of your cheek. Just one more... A baby starts crying at the other end of the car. Someone forgot to silence their phone- the tone is blaring from mere feet away. More coughing, sneezing. What if you get sick? Oh, God, you're going to get sick-

The train stops and you practically throw yourself off. There's no time to stay still. You make your way off the train, tap out of the station, and make your way up the steps in almost one fluid motion. Your legs speed up faster and faster until you're practically running up the stairs to your building. Fingers still shaking, you manage to get the key in the door, turn around and try not to slam the door as you shut it.

You take a deep breath, and immediately a small sense of calm fills your lungs. The neurotoxin that's wrapped its tendrils around your bones is being fought off by the faint, sweet smell of your boyfriend's apartment.

"Y/N?" Chan's voice creeps around the walls of your house. "You finally home?" It's slow, calm. It sounds like he's been relaxed for a while. You don't have the energy to wonder when he got home or why. All you know is that he is.

Instead of responding, you take your shoes off and place them on their designated rack. While you're fussing around with them, slipper-muffled footsteps creep up behind you.

"Y/N?" Despite being sing-songy, Chan's saying your name still makes you jump. You turn around to face him, unsure of how to react. He knows what to do, though, and hugs you. It's a happy hug, one that continues fighting off the blackness in your stomach. He kisses the top of your head and pulls back, holding your face in his hands. He smiles to himself, running his thumb across your cheekbone.

"Hi." He says, the smile on his face widening to a grin. You can't help but smile back. Despite how shitty you feel, it's impossible not to. That pretty dimpled smile... It's contagious. It's as if the gods took all the stars from the sky and put them in his eyes, where his teeth are. So warm and bright, no matter how big or small it is. So you smile.