Jhonny Suh: Return

pairing: johnny suh x fem!reader. Oneshot, fluff, comfort, husband!Johnny, domestic! au, Johnny being a sweetie

WC: 0.691

now playing: j's Lullaby by Delaney

"When do you think mommy's gonna be home, hm?" Johnny quietly inquires to your puppy, latte. gently patting her back while she lays comfortably on his lap. latte shifts looking up at Johnny with raised brows, tilting her head at the sound of your tittle around the house. johnny chuckles scratching behind her ears.

a few hours ago Johnny had come back from work. took a small nap, made a small dinner for the two of you, took a latte on a walk, and finally got ready for bed. during that time he got a message from you telling him you'd be working late due to some complications in some documents that make Johnny's head hurt to even think about it. it's now around midnight and you still haven't gotten home, there weren't any other updates from you after you sent that message with was around seven.

worry bubbles in Johnny's chest as time goes by, it wasn't out of the ordinary that you came home late, Johnny's gotten so used to sleeping in bed with you that he can't sleep without you. hence why he's currently staying up so late, it doesn't matter how long he has to wait or how tired he feels after work. he wants to be there when you get home. make sure you come home safe and sound. this became a sort of routine between the two of you, though you always tell Johnny there's no need for him to stay up, knowing he has work in the morning– Johnny is as stubborn as a bull, you don't know the exact reason as to why he waits for you to come home. all you know is that he wants to make sure you come home safe and that keeps you content. johnny is also shy to tell you the exact reason so to keep himself from embarrassment he'll be keeping the real reason to himself.

johnny reads in the lounge, one hand occupied by his book and the other mindlessly petting his latte. one of Johnny's favorite ways to pass time while waiting for you. After a while Johnny gets bored of his book and moves to the kitchen to make himself a cup of tea, latte following behind him. the loud tapping of her paws resonating throughout your apartment. As he pours hot water into his mug he hears the sound of the door rattling. you're home. hurriedly Johnny dips his tea bag into the mug before plucking the latte in his arms before she can get to the door before him– meaning she gets to see you first, not on his watch though. With a latte safe in his arms, Johnny jogs his way to the main entrance, jumping on his toes like a little child. he's just excited you're home.

a beeping noise emits from the door and soon reveals you in your full glory, beautiful as ever. latte yips at your arrival as a wide smile grows on Johnny's face "Welcome home." he welcomes in a gentle tone. the sound of his voice makes your heart warm, a voice you've been yearning to hear this whole day.

"stayed up again?" you implore, pulling off your shoes before walking into the threshold. approaching your lover.

"i was catching up on my book, and ended up losing track of time." he reasons, watching as you coo at latte before taking her in your arms. johnny's heart feels full at the sight. you nod at his reason, walking into the kitchen. johnny hasn't given his welcome home kiss yet, huffing unsatisfied he follows you as Latte did to him earlier.

"did you not miss me?" he whines wrapping his arms around your waist, halting your movement. you giggle at his clingy behavior melting as he presses a kiss to your lips. a content sighs leaves him– finally feeling his lips against yours after a long day. latte yips again, Johnny pulls away from you, leaning his cheek against the crown of your head. joking about the latte ruining the mood.

"you don't always have to wait up for me, you know."

"I'd always wait for you my love, you know that."

tumblr: neokive