─ 18. whole

Magsimula sa umpisa

Jungkook released a rough chuckle, "I've already gotten her pregnant. What would I have to be careful about?"

Ae Ri snorted, "I mean that odious woman has feelings for you – always had. If you keep going to her for sex while she's pregnant, I bet that's she is expecting a marriage proposal soon."

Jungkook swallowed hard as realization dawned upon him.

Fuck that.

He slowly shook his head, "I don't know why I do, Eomma. I just want to forget the constant pain in my heart." He said lowly, doe eyes falling onto the ground. "But I don't plan to be in a relationship with her, I've never had any romantic feelings towards her."

Ae Ri stared at her son for a long while.

She stood up from her seat and smiled softly.

"I hope you make it clear to her. Or you'll have a mess to sort through."

"I know." He sighed tiredly, rolling his muscular shoulders and wincing.

He'll have to do it, and soon.

***

ELENA'S POV

I've never felt heartbreak quite like this before.

My eyes were puffy and swollen due to my constant crying. I wished my feelings for him would go away.

I didn't want to feel this way.

I closed my eyes and counted to ten over and over as I listened to Dae's loud, cheerful voice as he spoke to Sang.

It made the pain I felt – mentally and physically – lessen. If only a little.

I wished to see his adorable face and hold him.

But I couldn't.

I wouldn't.

I couldn't allow him to see me like this – like a broken little doll.

My hair lacked its usual volume and shine – it was tangled and ugly.

My face was gaunt, pale, and my green eyes had lost their spark - they looked lifeless.

My body was frail, and I was underweight - nearly a skeleton.

You'd scare him, you know, the sneering voice was back again.

I know, I replied sullenly, focusing my eyes back on the ceiling.

I listened to sweet Dae run around the house with Max with Sang chasing after him, giggling.

I felt jealousy overwhelm me.

I wish I had enough courage and strength to go out there and finally see him.

A whimper left my lips as my casted hands jolted when I adjusted myself.

It was only Sang, Dae, Max, and I in the house.

The others left a couple hours ago, to work, after I told them I was okay. My fingers hurt as much as they did before the doctor set them.

Without Dae's giggles to distract me – I was pulled back into the memory of Mister Jeon and Selene.

I was embarrassed, appalled, shocked; but more than anything – it felt as if my heart had torn out of my chest and stomped on.

But I guess I should have expected it, right?