A Day in the Life of the 99%

*thump*

*thump*

*thump*

*thump*

Mark Greyson, 18 years old and recently graduated stood in front of a boxing bag as he continually hit it. Sweat poured off his face and down his body, as he kept punching the bag, his breathing was steady as he extended each fist, over the years he had slowly perfected the technique for a simple punch. Not something to boast about but Ted always told him that if you can't throw a punch anything else you do is just 'Fancy dance shut'.

*thump*

*thump*

*THUMP*

He hit the bag a lot harder this time launching it backwards quite a bit, he caught the bag before it hit back into them and leaned his head against it taking a break "Keep throwing punches like that you might become champ, though if you break the bag your first fight will be with me" Mark heard from behind him, he turned around and rolled his eyes.

"My bad Ted, I wasn't concentrating" he said with a small chuckle, as he let go of the bag and started unwrapping his gloves. Ted Grant former champion boxer and now owner of the Wildcat Gym in the East End. He was as good a man as Mark had met, he'd seen Mark getting into trouble on the streets one day and then convinced him to take out his aggression on the bags. Even after all these years, he didn't charge him a dime, no matter how much Mark insisted he didn't take it.

"Something wrong kid? Ya know if you need something all you gotta do is ask" he said as he grasped Marks shoulder, Mark sent him an appreciative smile but shook his head.

"I'm good Ted, just looking for work can be a bit stressful ya know?" He said getting a chuckle from the older man.

"Don't I know it, the first time I tried a paper-pushing job I punched out my boss" he said with a laugh.

Mark smiled "I'll see you later Ted" he said as he headed towards the changing rooms.

"Don't forget our next lesson! You had me on the ropes last time I expect your first win next week!" He said after him before heading back towards his office. Mark chuckled at his mentor's words, he knew Ted was going easy on him, but he did think he'd been making progress on his Muay Thai, which Ted would sometimes throw into their boxing spars.

As Mark walked towards the changing room and outside the men's changing room a young blonde woman stood outside with a smirk on her face "Hey Mark, I bet you are worked up a real sweat today... you know I might even waiver the fee if you wanna spend the night together" she said with a sultry smile and a wink.

"Not today Holly, way too busy for stuff like that" Mark said abruptly causing the woman to pout. Holly Robinson was a regular at the Gym here, from what Mark had heard she used to be a prostitute but had managed to get away from that life due to some help from a friend. Apart from that he didn't know much about her though they were amicable and she enjoyed teasing him now and then offering a night of fun which often ranged from free to 50 bucks.

"That's a shame, handsome lad like you should take a break once in a while," she said with a smirk as she headed off into the girls changing room, however, she opened the door wildly and started changing before it properly closed, giving mark an eyeful of her ass.

Mark rolled his eyes at her antics but still found himself looking, though once the door closed he headed to the men's locker room. It was empty as not many people visited the gym on a Friday night, either working or too busy hanging out with friends.

Mark sat down on a bench in the locker room, the wooden bench creaked under his weight and he sighed rubbing his shoulders before he carefully lifted his vest off his body though when he took it off fully he accidentally let go of it and it fell to the floor.