Vani had also arrived, but all the time she was observing Vivaan and his actions. She didn't want to dwell on her thoughts, but she couldn't help it.

She finally approached him when no one else was around, as her parents had been sent home forcefully by Aarush.

"What did you do to her?" she asked, and Vivaan looked at her with shame in his eyes.

"I asked what you did. I know it's somehow related to you. The last time I saw her, she wasn't as happy as she used to be. When I asked her about you, her expression had changed. So tell me," she asked again, and this time Vivaan looked at her, his eyes moist.

"I am the worst partner, Vani. I hurt her, not just her heart and soul, but mine too. I'm a monster," he answered, and Vani felt goosebumps because of his response.

He continued, "I hurt her. I blamed her for something she'd never do. I didn't trust her. I know I'm a jerk, and I have no right to ask, but can you please ask her to look at me once? Because she wouldn't even look at me."

As soon as he finished, Vani closed her eyes for a moment.

Then, raising her hand, she slapped him. It took him 20 seconds to realize what had just happened, and he understood that he deserved it.

"I know she might have done something like this because of your actions. So what did you do?" she asked, folding her arms.

"I slapped her back," he said, and she slapped him again.

"I don't know what exactly happened between you two, but you no longer deserve her. I regret asking her to give you a chance.

She always had a bad feeling about you, but I defended you. Leave before I tell Aarush everything, which I will, but leave because I don't want you near my friend ever again," she said, and he felt shaken.

He couldn't accept not seeing her again when she was the reason for his existence, the source of his happiness. She was the reason he smiled, and he couldn't let Vani do this.

"I won't go. I can never go. I'll be by her side. I'm not a coward. I'll face whatever I have to because I've hurt my Amisha, and I deserve to be punished," he answered with a straight face.

Even now, he didn't let anyone forget who he was, despite his sadness.

"What punishment?" Aarush asked as he entered.

"Aarush-" Vani tried to intervene.

"Yes, Vivaan, what are you talking about? How is Amisha?" Aarush inquired.

"Aarush, I'm the reason Amisha is here. I'm the cause of all her pain," he said, a tear falling from his eyes.

"What?" Aarush questioned.

"I hurt her. She ran away from home because of me, and she got into an accident. I'm the reason for her pain," he said, tearfully.

Aarush grabbed Vivaan's collar and asked with a frown, "What? Tell me clearly what happened between you two."

"I already told you. I mistreated her, made her cry, and caused her pain. Now she's punishing me, returning the pain I gave her tenfold," he explained, and Aarush pushed him back forcefully.

Vivaan collided with steel chairs in front of the rooms, groaning in pain, but he endured it, knowing it was nothing compared to what Amisha had suffered.

When Aarush stepped forward, the doctor came out and announced, "Congratulations, Amisha has woken up. You can see her, but please be considerate as she's not fully conscious."

Hearing this, Vivaan pushed through the pain and moved forward, but Aarush stopped him.

"Stay away from my sister," Aarush warned.

He stood outside the OT when Vani asked him, "What happened? Don't you want to see her?"

"Dekh nahi paunga use aise,(I won't be able to see her like this)

you know Vani, I used to pray a lot to Krishna ji for a sister. And when I got her in my arms, it was the best day of my life. And today was the day I might've lost her" he said, trying to control his emotions.

"But, see, she's fine because of you. For you to come, heal your sister. She needs you,"Vani said, and they both entered the room.

Inside, they found Amisha weak and fragile, lying on the bed.

She opened her eyes, giving them a small smile, and whispered, "Bhai."

•••••