04

As soon as she came back to her home, she went to get ready for college as she didn't want to be late.

At college -

She was walking towards her class but stopped in her tracks as soon as she heard someone shouting her name.

There she saw Vani standing in front of her. Vani came towards her and said, "Amuuu, my dear Amisha, why were you going to class without me?"

"Vani, you're acting like I was going to a party without you," she said while rolling her eyes at her best friend's silly behavior.

"It doesn't matter. Well, did Sid go to the USA?"

Yeah, he did. By the way, why didn't you come? Did you and Aarush bhai have a fight?" she asked curiously.

"You and your negative tongue about my love, why would we fight, haan?"

"Actually, I had to drop my mother at the station as she's going to Udaipur for a family function. That's why I didn't come."

"Oh, let's go to the class then," she said, and they went to the class.

During lunchtime -

They both went to the cafeteria, purchased their food, and went towards an empty table. They were chatting, but Vani said something that left Amisha speechless as well as shocked.

"Amisha, I was thinking, what if Sid got a new girlfriend and betrayed you?" Listening to this, her smile dropped, and she got up and banged on the table, making Vani scared by her look.

"What the fuck are you saying, Vani? Are you out of your senses? Why will he do something like that? He promised me that he only loves me.

How can you say something like that? No, no, he will not do anything like this," she said angrily.

"Calm down, Amisha. I was just joking. Acha, I'm sorry. I know your Sid will not do something like that. Now smile, please, pretty please," said Vani.

"Fine, but don't spit something like this again."

"Yes, pinky promise," Vani said, and they joined their pinky fingers.

Though they had sorted out this topic, she kept thinking about Vani's words. What if something like this happened to her? How would she survive?

Then, she didn't have the answers to her questions. She came out of her thoughts by a phone call, and a big smile appeared on her face as soon as she saw the caller ID. It was Sid.

[On the phone]

"Why didn't you pick up my call before?"

"I was in class, Sid."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. The time zone is so much different. I'll get habitual to this sooner or later."

"Are you fine? You don't sound good," she asked, worriedly.

"No, I'm fine. It's just because of jetlag. I'm a little tired."

"Then you should rest."

"No, I'm missing you so much." I couldn't help but smile.

"Really?"

"Do you have any doubt?"

"No. Sid, actually I wanted to ask you something."

"Yes, ask."

"You won't betray me, right?" As soon as I said those words, I cursed myself. How could I ask something like that to him? What will he think about me now?