Usopp's Unexpected Courage

"Hey, you! Give us a ship!" Luffy's voice booms across the grounds, cutting through the air right before the imposing gates of the girl's mansion. His tone is commanding, as if the mere idea of being denied is inconceivable. Without wasting even the slightest second, Luffy springs into action, his determination propelling him to scale the gate of the mansion, the metal bars providing little resistance to his monkey-like agility.

Perched triumphantly atop the gate, Luffy's grin widens as he declares, "Alright, it's time to head in." His words carry an air of certainty, as though he's making a decision on behalf of everyone else. This proclamation is somewhat humorous, given that he's virtually on the opposite side of the gate now. A voice from below calls out, "Ever hear of knocking?" It's one of the kids, an amused expression on his face as he gazes up at Luffy, who seems undeterred.

Nami watches the scene unfold, disbelief etching itself onto her features. Raising her right arm, she presses it against her forehead and mutters, "There's no stopping him now," a resigned sigh accompanying her words. Meanwhile, Zoro stands nearby, arms crossed in his characteristic manner, his gaze also resting on Luffy's antics. He chimes in, "I suppose we'll have to tag along," his voice tinged with a hint of amusement that matches his faint smile.

Turning my head to survey the scene, my eyes settle on Luffy, who is now on the opposite side of the gate, his presence undeniably disruptive. With a deadpan expression, I raise an eyebrow and quip, "Aren't we technically trespassing?" The question hangs in the air, a mix of humor and mild concern dancing in my tone.

Climbing over the fence with the same adventurous spirit as Luffy, the group of children led us to a spot where Usopp often engaged in heart-to-heart conversations with the girl residing in the grand mansion. Settling down under the shade of a sprawling tree, Usopp was engrossed in a seemingly joyous and animated conversation with the girl, his face adorned with an exaggerated grin that even from a distance appeared to be concealing a multitude of falsehoods.

"Captain!" one of the enthusiastic kids exclaimed excitedly, seamlessly contributing to the ongoing embellishment of Usopp's tales, "Absolutely, they affectionately call me..." Usopp's words lingered momentarily in the air, his attention suddenly snapped in our direction as his wide eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. A mix of shock and disbelief colored his tone as he blurted out, "What on earth are you all doing here?"

"We brought these folks along," another child chimed in, their faces lighting up as they pointed collectively at the four of us, genuine delight radiating from their expressions. The girl, her curiosity piqued by our unexpected presence, turned her gaze toward Usopp with a questioning look, "who are they?"

Luffy, ever the impulsive speaker, leaped into the conversational fray without any pause for Usopp to provide context. "You must be the mistress of this place!" Luffy proclaimed, his voice resonating with a blend of admiration and excitement. However, a gnawing sense of apprehension overcame Usopp, his intuition warning him that allowing Luffy to continue down this path could lead to unforeseen consequences. Swiftly intervening, he interjected, "Oh, you know what? They've heard about my impressive reputation from faraway lands and came here to join my legendary adventures. Actually, they're the latest members of my brave team!" Usopp declared with a flair of grandeur, a crafty smile gracing his features as he placed his right hand with a hint of theatricality upon Luffy's shoulder.

"Yeah!" Luffy's voice bursts with exhilaration, his excitement evident as he raises his voice. However, his enthusiasm is accompanied by a swift glance towards Usopp, his eyes locking onto his as he passionately declares, "Hey! That's not right!" The very notion of Luffy, the fearless and independent spirit, being associated with someone else's name doesn't sit well with me. It feels as if a fundamental essence of his identity is being challenged, and it's something that strikes a chord deep within me.