"Shall we report to His Majesty?"

"This is a momentous information. Give him time to enjoy his treasures. Let him keep thinking that no one knows the magnitude of his crimes. When the time is right, we may strike." Mo replied after a thought. The report of Hilbwet may come handy in the future as either a defensive or offensive tactic. It was a strategem he hoped to use when it is due.

"Understood, your highness."

Mo returned his attention to the parrot, his tender smile reappearing on his face. Hilbwet looked on with so many questions in his head. Mo was looking so relaxed and unrestrained which was a rare sight. Before now, the servants had been the ones administering to the parrot. Mo could go for months without bothering to spare a glance at the parrot. It wasn't because Mo had no compassion for animals, he was just indolent about it. Seeing Mo doing it himself with vigour was like imagining a fish thriving out of water. Who could have thought that the unthinkable was actually thinkable?

"Two, come closer. Look at the way its picking up the food. Don't you find it amazing? It would be good if the people are like this parrot with nothing to worry about." Mo said still focused on his parrot. Hilbwet watched with the clue of a blatant surprise on his face. At the moment, Prince Mo was paying so much attention to a parrot than the felony of the second prince.

Hilbwet noticed that Mo was being less formal with him. It seemed awkward. He wasn't used to it.

"You're a dignified prince. I dare not appreciate the parrot with you. I don't deserve your esteemed honor." Hilbwet replied with his head bowed. Mo sighed quietly. Hilbwet would literally scream formality at anything and everything.

"Drop the red tape. I'm the one to tell you whether you deserve my honor or not."

"Drop the red tape. I'm the one to tell you whether you deserve my honor or not." The parrot suddenly mimicked. Hilbwet stared amazingly at the bird while Mo just laughed coolly.

"Did you hear that? Are you going to let a parrot boss you around?"

Hilbwet gave it a thought. Who was the parrot to decide if he deserved its honour or not? How crazy. He edged closer to Mo and stood behind him. He watched with a well coordinated half-smile as the parrot picked up the grains on Mo's palm. He made a laughable scene of an apprentice learning handicraft from his master with the way he watched like a novice.

Just then, a maid arrived. "Your highness, you have a visitor."

"Bring them here." Mo answered without caring to shift his eyes. It was a visitor he had in prospect to meet. The maid bowed and left to invite the visitor. Moments later, a lady in military attire walked into the courtyard. It was Laurene.

When Mo raised his eyes, she was already approaching them.

"Lady of strength. Here you are." Mo called. It was the title the king had granted her for coming out a finalist in the archery contest. Mo personally took the royal edict to General Russ' residence and gave it to her in person.

She bowed before the prince. "Greetings your highness." Mo acknowledged the salutation. Hilbwet carried his head down to greet the Lady of strength. She nodded curtly to accept his greetings.

Mo poured the remaining grains on Hilbwet's hands, then dusted his hands before leading the visitor out of the area. They headed towards a grand building; Prince Mo's parlour. Two huge statues of wyverns flanked the entrance, proudly guarding the facade. Several immobile maids waited along the hallway.

While on the move, Miss Russ initiated a conversation.

"Your highness now pays attention to mundane things. It was nearly a scary sight to be honest." She jested. Having known Mo since childhood, it was rare to see Mo being too plain.