Chapter 10

The royal prince was seated in the library, his expression unreadable. He was staring at the large books in front of him, all related to learning Keyung. For over six hours, he was surrounded by a variety of books on the topic, such as "Keyung Grammar in Practice," "Neehilar's Keyung," "Grammar for a Whole Life," "Concentrate On," and many others. At first, he thought it would be simple and easy, and he headed straight to the library to brush up on some vocabulary. However, the longer he worked on it, the more he realized how challenging the language was. He let out an audible sigh and decided to take a break for some fresh air. After closing the books, the royal prince set them aside so he could resume studying later.

The commander stepped outside and was greeted by the lush greenery before him. He saw many local kids playing on the green field, which was a bit far from the library. He smiled at the sight of the carefree children who had nothing to worry about in life. Jungkook wished for such carefree days in his life. He worked hard and trained himself from a very young age to become worthy enough to be the future Emperor of Moonstone. However, no matter how much he invested in his future, his people, and his land, he still didn't feel enough. He sighed and went back to the training field.

Taehyung walked up to the alphas who were practicing archery, feeling hesitant to apologize to someone in particular. He never used to apologize to anyone and he never thought he could, yet he stands here to say sorry to Sehun.

So the alpha cleared his throat to gain the attention of that particular individual. Sehun shifted his gaze towards him and the smile which was adorning his face dimmed in a speed of light. He scuffed and asked.

" What are doing here? To choke me to death again?"

His friends also turned in their direction with furrowed eyebrows.

" That's...... Well.....-" It was way too difficult to say sorry than he thought. But if he acts bad they would likely stick him here for his entire life. No. He can't risk that. He shrugged his thoughts and proceeded.

" Can I have a minute with you?"

Sehun said nothing and tried to study his face for a whole two minutes. He sighed.

" See. I know I was bad to you. I want to make up for that..........please."

Sehun raised his left eyebrow and huffed. He put his arrows down and Taehyung accompanied by Sehun went to the other side of the training field where nobody could hear them.

The alpha took a deep breath before he started.
" I apologize for my actions, I was not thinking straight at that time to begin with ...and I had no idea why I was so aggressive while fighting. I had some bad days at Blue Moon before coming here and I guess my anger reflected on the fighting." Well, it was only partially true. He indeed had a bad day when his father told him about his training. But that was not a reason for his atrocious behavior. The alpha was naturally like that. But he has to make some excuses to get promoted. He continued.

" I am at fault and take full responsibility. I'm deeply regretful and I can't apologize enough. Please forgive me." When he turned to Sehun he met with a soft gaze. Calm and collected. He hummed.

" It's good to know that your action reflected on you. And I think I can accept your apology. Don't do these kind of acts in the future." Saying that he retired from him. The blue moon's future alpha stood there perplexed.

" Was that this simple?"

The evening had arrived in the blink of an eye. All the trainees were exhausted after their training and were enjoying some refreshments. They split into groups based on their platoons and chatted away. Taehyung and Chanyeol, along with other alphas, snacked on cookies while their group discussed local news. Taehyung seemed to be more interested in the cookies than the conversation until a young alpha shared some interesting news.