Chapter 6

The commander was in a deep slumber. He was deprived of sleep for the past few months and now he is dealing with it. He was in the same position since he lay on the bed in the morning after that strange dream. The male was sleeping in the side posture with flexed knees. The face is so calm yet tired.

After a few minutes, a maid dressed in a white and dark blue hanfu came with a tray. It contained a cup and a teapot. She placed it on the nearby table and approaches the prince.

" Your Highness."

Jungkook was dead asleep. It seems like to be a task for that poor maid. He neither moves nor hums.

" Your Highness, please wake up."

Now she said that a bit louder which wakes any person but the royal prince. There was a dead silence after that. Watching the prince's tired face, she felt pity and a bit of hesitation to wake the future Alpha.

How I'm supposed to wake his highness now? I can't touch him anyway. He seems too tired to even hear me. But I can't give up what her highness told me to do. Oh moon goddess, what should I do? Wait, do I have to approach the prince's assistant commander or any other royals to-

Her thoughts were shortly cut off by a scent. The young maid sniffed again and again to get the source of the scent. It felt so unnatural for her. The scent was mild. She took a deep breath and her eyes traveled around his chamber.

Where is this coming from? Seems so odd yet familiar. Is someone intruded on his highness's chamber? Or am I imagining things?

Soon her eyes fall on the male who is sleeping on the mattress. She tilted her head and furrowed her eyes.

Why does his highness's face seem so soft and red now?

She leaned a bit toward him to get a better view of his face. She carefully started to observe the commander's face. But a knock on the door made her jump away from the mattress. The young maid turn around swiftly and bowed quickly when she realized who it was.

" Greetings your highness, the Empress." She stood up again.

" Did he wake up, young lady?" She asked with a smile that adorned her lips beautifully. One will surely fall for the queen's insane beauty and charm for sure. She was ethereal and gorgeous for some reason. After all her birthplace is the capital Neehilar, where the empire's most beautiful people live. Even though the empress was an Alpha she showed her dominant side only if needed. Otherwise, she has a motherly nature toward everyone.

" I was trying your highness. But his highness seems so tired. He was unresponsive to my calls."

" That's fine Ari. You can leave now. I will take care of this." The maid who had the name Ari nodded and went outside the chamber hesitantly.

Empress jisoo approaches the sleeping beauty and sits on the side with a smile. She caresses his strands softly and gently.

" Son, wake up." She called softly squeezing his shoulder a little. Jungkook frowned his eyebrows and moved his head toward the right. He blinked several times to get a clear vision. The prince stretched his limbs and opened his eyes at the same time. When he got a clear vision and saw his mother he sits immediately.

" Good morning mother." She smiled at that.

"Good afternoon, Jungkook." He stared at her by lifting one eyebrow with a ' seriously?' look.

" You seem so tired. You lost a few pounds. Were you taking care of your
health properly?" She asked while caressing his cheeks. He just nodded with no eye contact and sits properly.
She took a cup of tea from the table beside the mattress and gives that to jungkook. The prince took it with hesitancy flashing through his eyes. He sniffed it and furrowed his eyebrows.