chapter 3

Third person's pov

It was creeping cold early in the morning. Rustling sound of leaves and chirping of little birds can be heard . The smell around was so refreshing and calming. But there was no time to enjoy that. Jungkook was heading to the healing centre where all injured gaurds are present. Yesterday some of the gaurds slept in the building near healing centre. Some of them spent the night on carts. But he couldn't sleep at all. He was awake all the night.

By taking deep breath the royal prince knocked on the huge reddish brown door. He could hear some curses inside the building. Soon he met with a royal healer who was rubbing his eyes and yawning. By judging his appearance he might been in deep sleep which is disturbed by the commander. By realising who was standing outside the said male straightened his posture.

" Your highness, can I help you?"

" Yes, I would like to see my gaurds. How are they? Anything serious?"

The healer was stunned by that. Is the royal prince is really here to check the gaurds health at this hour? Seriously? The thought was cut off by the commander.

" I'm sorry for this. I know you guys are really tired and asking this request at this hour might be sound ridiculous. But I can't help that. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about them and the encounter."

" Oh majesty, please don't apologise for that. You can visit whenever you want . Let me lead the way your highness."

He nodded and followed the boy. The healing centre was quite big and spacious. Very neat and nothing in disorder. He soon met with the smell of herbs and medicines. He got inside the room where gaurds were sleeping soundly. He was able to see them only with the help of a little lamp which was hanging near the window. They were looking so tired and exhausted.

" Where are the one's who had major injury?"

" Actually we were going to tell you that your majesty. We couldn't save four of the gaurds last night. But sixteen of them are still alive. Gaurds with major injury are shifted to the other room. It is supervised by the head healer . Also he restricted any visit there." The boy paused for a minute.
" But if your highness want I will ask the head healer."

" No. It's fine. I will ask him personally. Please take care of them. Again sorry to disturb you. Take rest young boy. " The boy blushed and bowed at the prince.

The royal prince take a quick look around him. He sighed and went outside. He could see the rising sun. The male always used to enjoy sunrise. He and his mother have similar taste and likes for almost everything . They love sunrise, sunset and observing stars.

" Commander, when are you heading to palace?" A gaurd approached him.

" After sunset." He didn't say anything further.

" His highness, the Alpha mindlinked me. He asked me to inform you that get back to palace soon."

" Whatever it is, I can't leave. Atleast not now. First I have to check the injured gaurds with major injuries and enquire about the last night event in detail. Secondly we have to visit the southern wall again for investigation. They should have left something there. Thirdly I need a detailed information of the dead gaurds. We should shift them to savlar for funeral and rituals. Also inform that to their families." The gaurd didn't say anything. He just bowed and left. Everyone know that their commander was stubborn when it comes to his duties. They are concerned about his health, at the same time proud of him.

For the past four years the prince is their commander or head of the regiment. Four years ago they lost their commander in chief in a battle. So the emperor was busy in search for a new and talented commander for the empire. Jungkook was soon to be eighteen at that time. But despite of his age he was actually a talented warrior. Since a very young age he got special training. For studying history, mathematics, literature and politics his father hired very talented teachers for each subject from different packs. Same goes to fighting. The Alpha appointed different masters for hand combat, swordmanship, Archery and also sports such as horse riding, swimming and various other things. So it was not even a big deal to be the head of the regiment at a young age of seventeen. But the people didn't seem to agree considering his age. So he had to show his fighting skills infront of his people by a duel. He had a hand combat and sword fighting with two soldiers. Even if it was really difficult he succeeded at last. He also got injured badly since he got into a fight with experts. Atlast here he is standing infront of the healing centre as the head of their regiment with four years of experience. At first he used to give training only to the young soldiers but soon he was accepted by the entire army. Since then for soldiers and gaurds he was their commander. And for others royal prince .

It seems like everyone were awake. Some of the gaurds were roaming here and there. He could see some of the healers are coming out of the healing centre.

" Your highness." He heard a familiar voice from behind. He turned around and met with the head healer.

" Good morning seokjin. How's everything?"

" Everything is going alright now. Sixteen of them are still not awake. Some of them have major injuries. We are doing our best. We already informed the healers from Neehilar to arrive." He paused for a moment and hesitated to continue.

" What is it seokjin?"

" Your highness, Our Alpha, the emperor mindlinked me asking your whereabouts. He is really worried about you. I don't know why. But I know that because of some issues happening in some of the packs under Moon stone you are working too much. Even if you are exhausted you are still doing it. It is not good for your health."

" Seokjin, I understand your concern. But duty is duty. I can't ignore that."

" Yes, I know. But remember. If you want to help others you should take care of yourself first. Think about yourself sometimes. The gaurd already told me about today's plans. Please give the investigation duties to some specialised investigators. And about the injured one's, I will handle that along with others. Please go to the palace and take some rest your highness. Atleast for one day." He had a pleading look. The prince sighed.

" Fine. Only for one day. But that doesn't mean that my duties are over. I need details about the dead one's. Then only we can shift them to savlar."

" Your highness, please don't worry about them. We will discuss this with the gaurds and before sunset we will shift them. We can do the funeral the day after tomorrow."

" Alright. Please mindlink me if you need anything." By saying that he went to the gaurds who were having breakfast. He called one of them who was already finished.

" Call the special investigation group of Neehilar. Go to the southern wall and inform me everything. I'm heading to the palace."

" Yes your majesty. We will." He nodded and went out.

' your majesty , Are you on the way to palace.?'

' yes jimin. What is it?'

' Nothing your highness. Just asking.'

' stop these formalities jimin. Call me jungkook. How many times should I repeat this.' There was a pause on the other side.

' you know. I can't.' well he definitely knows that.

' See you soon jimin. Please tell father to not worry about me.'

' How he cannot? Not only him, the queen and I also worry about you. Your health is more important for us.'

' Okay jimin. I'm on my way.' He cut it off without waiting for another lecture.

He went to the direction of a shed where he could see his stallion. Full black and tall one. He neighed when he saw jungkook. The soon to be alpha patted his head and climbed over it.

" Your highness." Seokjin was running towards him.

" Any help healer?"

" No, I just forgot to give you something." By saying that, he gave a book covered with cloth and a small box.
" Read this book whenever you get time your majesty." He bowed and headed to the healing centre.

The prince placed the book inside the sack near the saddle. He squeezed the ribcage of the stallion gently to move. By getting the signal it moved forward slowly. He will surely take half of the day to reach the palace. The stallion moved quite fast.  Now he was really far from the healing centre. He could see as a tiny building afar. For a moment he stopped and sighed looking at the centre. He is sighing too much these days. He took the box and opened it.

Pills?

*********************
Sorry for the short chapter.

So how was the chapter?

What book was that?

What will happen when he reach the palace?

Please do vote dears
I need your support 🙏