Stay Gold

There were four mentors who had to lead their teams to victory. The mentors not only had to select and prepare the group but also advertise them so that they get sponsors. The more the sponsorship the better the team would look and afford for the performance and the better their performance the higher their chance to win.

Jimin was a last minute addition for the show which meant he had less time to select the members and collect sponsorships. Most of the boys were already selected and remaining wouldn't be the best. This meant he would be stuck with the participants that nobody else wanted. Jimin didn't think much of the sponsorship because Yoongi had already promised to sponsor his team.

The next day after the interview he met with the remaining boys. There were 8 of them in total and Jimin didn't want a big team he wanted the team to be 5-7 members so he was ready to eliminate 1-2 of them but unbeknownst to him he was in for a shocker.

"What do you mean you won't?"

Jimin asked..

"It's all eight of us or none of us. We are a team and every member of my team has his responsibility if our team is a body all of us are organs keeping it alive so it's all or none..."

Chris said in a confident voice.

It turned out they weren't last to be selected because nobody wanted them but it's because they rejected everyone else and nobody else was as desperate as Jimin to agree to their stupid rules.

Jimin sighed not like he could do much, if he wanted to make a comeback if he wanted to be on the show he needed a team so he gritted his teeth but agreed. The more the members on the team the higher his budget had to be and the harder to maintain and schedule but he had no other choice.

That is how he became the mentor of the unruly 8 member team who called themselves SKZ.

Jimin sighed again rubbing his forehead he had to modify all of the choreography to include 8 of them.

The next day he met up with his team and cameras were present all over the room. The team came in with big smiles on their faces and bowed respectfully to Jimin. If compared in age they weren't that younger than him the oldest of them was only 2 years younger than Jimin but he was their mentor so they gave him their utter respect.

"Hello hello please sit down.."

"As you know we are a little bit behind the stage for the first competition will be next Friday and we have like 3 days to prepare we must not waste any time. I have prepared 3 songs for you... please listen and tell me which one you like the most and we can go from there.."

He let the boys listen to the songs and a staff member called him to the side, away from everyone.

"What is it?"

"The director called...they cancelled your submission for the sponsorship. They said you can't work with someone who you have a public relation with...it would look unfair...you need to go and find sponsorship... that's a part of the show.."

Jimin started panicking..

"What do you mean cancelled we have 3 days how am I supposed to find someone in such a short time...we need to record the song today, we need to go for dress fitting, we need to pay the staff wtf is this?"

Jimin was one of the richest people in the entire country, never in his life he had worried about money and this felt a bit ironic.

He blinked hard trying to think and went back to the team. He couldn't show the team his weakness he had to be strong for them and take responsibility.

"So which one did you like?"

The members frowned a bit showing a little discomfort.

"What is it? Don't you like any of it?"