new horizons

The ground was like a mirror, it reflected the perfect blue sky. It was very peaceful, Jimin didn't know if it was what the afterlife looked like but he wouldn't mind staying here for ever.

"It's pretty isn't it?"

"Jungkook!"

Jimin could feel his heart beat increase at the sight in front of him. Jungkook stood wearing white which contrasted his raven dark hair making him look almost ethereal.

"It's nice to finally meet you....I am sorry about the last time."

He laughed

Jimin's eyes were about to pop out of his eye sockets. He really wasn't ready to face Jungkook. Why was Jungkook here?

"You look shocked."

"Well... if you are here does that mean I am dead?"

"I don't know. That's something you need to decide. A lot of people want you back Your brother has been crying his eyes out your parents are currently on a flight coming back to see you, your sister in law is preparing a speech to lecture you when you wake up, your fans are lighting candles in your name and your husband.... your husband is currently in a temple kneeling infront of Buddha. He seems very miserable."

Jimin went silent.... It wasn't like he was insensitive. It wasn't like he be never thought about the people he was leaving behind but he just couldn't handle the guilt of being the reason for someone's death.

"The living are the ones who should be pitied. The dead get to move on and forget everything but the living must suffer.... forever"

"Why are you here? To convince me to go back and live a life I stole from you?"

"No Jimin...it's your life you didn't steal anything from me....I am here to fill your last wish...you wished you could meet me so here I am..."

"I-I"

Jimin's throat closed up and the apology on the top of his tongue couldn't come out.

Jungkook stepped closer to Jimin and held his hands.

"Jimin...look at me"

Jimin looked at Jungkook's dark eyes filled with empathy and care.

"I didn't die because of your silly little deal. I am a fighter Jimin I would have fought for the one I love until my last breath. You are just lucky I didn't have many breaths left..."

That really puzzled Jimin...what did Jungkook mean by that? Didn't he kill himself?

"What happened to you?"

"That...I can't tell you..you must find out and tell the world about it. Tell Taehyung I am innocent. I am already dead and if you want to make it up to me please prove my innocence."

The heart that shouldn't exist started to beat faster and faster. Jungkook sensed something was wrong too he didn't have enough energy to protect Jimin he could only afford a small push.

The ground started to shake violently and cracks appeared in the peaceful realm.

"You must promise me... you'll take good care of Taehyung. I know your love for him is unconditional and you are the only one I trust to keep my Taehyung safe....you must promise me to love him and to prove my innocence."

"I-I"

"Promise me!!"

"I promise."

A satisfied smile appeared on Jungkook's lips...

"Please tell Taehyung I am happy now....and he must be happy too"

"You are lucky this time but I am not giving you Taehyung in our next life"

And with that Jungkook concentrated all his energy to his hands that was still intertwined with Jimin's and gave him a gentle push.

It was as if Jimin was falling in slow motion. He could see the realm cracking and giant black holes appeared everywhere. Jungkook stood in the middle waving goodbye as he slowly disappeared into thin air.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Taehyung rushed to the hospital from the temple he had gotten a call that Jimin's condition had somehow worsened and he had gone into a cardiac arrest. The doctors were trying hard to revive him. He clasped his hands together in a praying motion as he watched through the glass window Jimin getting electrocuted again and again.

"Increase it to 200 Joules"

They tried again, Jimin's chest Jumped up because of the electricity but still there was no response.

"Please don't die please don't die...."

Taehyung muttered like a mantra, eyes still  glued to the scene in front of him.

The doctors tried once again and this time the Holter monitor started beeping again. Jimin had a heartbeat...

Taehyung fell back on the hospital floor with relief.

Jimin wasn't dead...

Jimin was alive....

"Mr. Kim."

Taehyung looked up to see the doctor.

"Come to my office."

"Mr. Kim it seems like a miracle...but Mr. Park should be awake with in 12 hours... your prayers have been answered... congratulations."

It felt like Taehyung could finally breath properly.

"Thank you doctor Thank you so much."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"What do you mean he isn't dead?"

"Boss it didn't work...it seems like the poison wasn't strong enough."

"AHhhhhhh!"

Junghoon threw his phone on the wall and it shattered into pieces.

"Useless all of you are fucking useless....how hard is it to kill a fucking man..."

Junghoon's rage wasn't satisfied yet so he threw everything he could see on the floor... until it looked like a storm had passed through the tiny apartment.

Junghoon's hands were bleeding but he didn't care.

"Bloody Jimin!!....I'll kill you myself"