overcome

Jimin woke up with tears in his eyes...

His entire body ached. His head felt like it was going to explode and it was hard to move. He tried to move his body but he was stuck. He couldn't move his body...not a single finger...

"You are awake...you are awake..."

He heard his mother but he couldn't turn his head to see her..

More tears fell from his eyes..as he felt more and more helpless..

His mother leaned over with a worried expression..and she was finally in his view..

His mother loved dressing up, you would never catch her without her hair perfectly curled and her makeup perfectly done. She was worthy of being the lady of the Park household but now her hair was disheveled and there were tear streaks down her cheeks. He must have worried her a lot...

Suddenly he felt very sorry for his stupid actions...how could he have not thought of his mother's pain...

"Baby what is wrong..are you in pain...tell Eomma huh... what is it..."

Jimin wanted to hug her and wail like a little kid but he couldn't move a single part of his body only the tears streamed down his face...

"Hobi...hobi...call the doctor..."

Hoseok who seemed to be in the room somewhere rushed out...

"Don't worry baby...you will be alright.. Eomma is here ok..."

Jimin felt dizzy and he could feel himself loosing consciousness again...

It seemed like night time when he came around again...there seemed to be someone next to him but he couldn't see the person...he could only feel their presence..

Suddenly the door is opened and another person came in..

"Did they find something...?"

Jimin's heartbeat raised the person next to him was Taehyung..

"Yes they did find an unknown male in the CCTV footage entering Jimin's room.."

The reply came in his sister-in-law's voice...

"They did some tests and it's sodium poisoning...they suspect the man injected Jimin with lots of sodium in hopes of ending his life..."

Jimin was confused why would someone try to take his life...

"Here take a look... have you seen this man before...?"

Lily Walked towards Taehyung probably to show him a video...

"No.. never...why would someone try to poison Jimin...he never hurt anyone.."

Jimin almost believe he was dreaming again but he could move in his dreams...then what was this? A nightmare? Was he supposed to live his life like a nightmare now...was this his punishment?

Jimin didn't know when he passed out this time but the next time he opened his eyes he saw a man with a white coat flashing lights in his eyes...

"Will he be fine...why is he not moving...?"

"It's hard to say...sodium poisoning can be fatal..it's a miracle Mr. Park is still alive but I can't say if he will make full recovery..I'll perceive some medicine..."

Jimin's head felt dizzy again and he closed his eyes...it didn't feel like a long time had passed but his room felt silent like it was night time...

Someone was holding his hand.. caressing it slowly..Jimin didn't dare to open his eyes

"They say you can hear everything...I don't know if I could say it to you later but...I am sorry for everything...I know I was an horrible husband to you but I-I really never wanted this...you might think I always hated you but if anything I hated myself more...."

Jimin could feel his breathing increase...

"I loved Jungkook and I always thought he died because I married you...I always thought I could have saved him that I caused his death...his horrible decision but it turned out I was wrong...he murdered someone...I..."

There was a long silence.... Taehyung spoke again when Jimin started to think Taehyung wouldn't say anything..

"Am I a horrible person because even after knowing the truth I still can't hate him....the version I remember of him was kind and quite and strong...I want to remember him in such way but isn't it very wrong.... isn't it disrespectful towards the victim if I remember her killer as a kind, loving and talent man...?"

"Is it bad if I feel relieved that I wasn't the reason he killed himself....I might be a horrible selfish person but...I feel relieved to not have to carry this guilt and shame anymore...."

"I don't know how to feel about everything and when I found you in that bathroom my heart dropped....I never want anything horrible to happen to you...when I saw you that day I realised something...I realised I didn't want to lose you.... I know my feelings are all over the place right now...but the one thing I am sure about is I want you to get better and live a long life...I want to give our marriage a try again...for real this time..I want to treat you right and make you happy...but most of all I want you to be happy...with me or  without me is upto you but... please...be happy and healthy..."

Tears fell through Jimin's close lids..

"Oh..you really heard me..now I am embarrassed.."

Taehyung let out a small embarrassed laugh and wiped Jimin's tears...

"I might be late in realising your value but I promise you if you give me the chance I will do everything in my power to uphold it...I'll not disappoint you again... husband.."

Taehyung stood up, leaned over and placed a sweet kiss on Jimin's forehead...

Jimin couldn't help himself anymore and opened his eyes..

Taehyung was still very close to his face and when he saw Jimin had opened his eyes he smiled a little and left a tiny peck on his lips...

Although Jimin couldn't feel most of his body...he could feel the lingering effect of the peck on his lips...

Taehyung smiled lovingly and caressed Jimin's hair until he fell asleep again...