so close to being close

Recently it felt like all jimin felt was numbness in his heart. Even now when he held his divorce papers his heart felt a little tired. He picked the black pen and tidily signed his name on the designated spot now all he had to do was give it to Taehyung and everyone will be happy. He would go on his way, Taehyung would go back to Jungkook and everyone will be happy.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Come to think of it when did he became like this?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Jimin remembers his wedding day. Taehyung didn't want a ceremony so they just went to the ministry and signed the certificate, through out this whole process Taehyung didn't even look at him once. To be fair he did understand it. Through out this whole 5 years all Jimin felt was misery and guilt.

" You might be my husband but know that this heart of mine won't flutter for the likes of you. "

That was what Taehyung had said to him on their wedding night and to this day he kept that promise.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
That day he didn't feel like making dinner anymore but despite that he did. This was probably going to be his last meal with Taehyung so he made all Taehyung's favourite dishes, it took him more than two hours but it was better than sitting and overthinking so he liked the mindless work.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The clock hit midnight and Taehyung was still not home. Jimin layed his head on the dinning table and looked at the cold dishes infront of him.

What a waste!

All of it was a waste, he had wasted his life pursuing someone who didn't even acknowledge his existence. He once wanted to be an actor to be infront of the camera and flashing lights but he gave up on it because Taehyung didn't want him to act. Honestly Jimin didn't even bat an eye before cancelling his contract with the entertainment agent and retired only after a single drama under his name.

Now Jimin doesn't even know if he wants to act anymore, he felt like it was already exhausting he had been acting to be sane for almost 5 years now.

Truely there was no fool greater than him.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It was almost 1 o'clock when Taehyung returned home and the first thing he saw was his husband sleeping on the dinning table. When he was forced to marry Jimin he had hated the younger man but as the time passed he grew indifferent towards him and after so many years it was like a habit to ignore him more than anything else.

Taehyung had made it clear he had no feelings for Jimin so he never thought any of his actions could hurt Jimin. It was a matter of fact for him. He didn't like jimin so nothing he did is for or against him. As much as Taehyung was concerned they were just two strangers who lived under the same roof.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The clicking sound of the door had woke Jimin up as soon as he saw Taehyung on the doorway he stood up almost as an instict.

" You are back...let me heat up the dinner."

" I have...."

"Please..."

Before Taehyung could finish his answer Jimin cut him off.

"Please just this time have.....a meal with me."

That was very unexpected, Jimin had never requested Taehyung for anything ever before, even the marriage was a deal not an request.

Taehyung sat down while jimin went in the kitchen to heat up the meal. Something wasn't right and Taehyung could feel it but he wasn't sure what exactly it was.

The meal itself was uneventful and quite. Taehyung sat opposite of Jimin and would sneak gazes but Jimin didn't look up the whole time.

After the meal was over Taehyung went up to his room while Jimin stayed in the kitchen to wash the dishes.

At around 2 in the morning Taehyung heard a knock on his door. He didn't look up from his laptop because he knew there was only other person in the house.

"Taehyung"

"Yes"

Taehyung answered without looking at Jimin.

" Taehyung let's make love tonight... "

Now that definitely got Taehyung's attention.

"What?"

"Taehyung let make a deal....I'll give you what you want the most in exchange you give me what I want the most."

" What do you mean? "

" I'll divorce you."