Chapter 34: Anything at all

The underground warehouse above

Noah POV

It's been late, very late, and yet I can't sleep. I've been locked here barely two days, yet it feels like an eternity. Hayden Blackwood hasn't visited me again, and I'm unhappy with that. Sam has visited me today, and I'm not happy with that either.

Hayden Blackwood listened to everything I had to say; I didn't feel judged by him, although I for sure deserved judging. He has just heard me out, so maybe that's why I couldn't stop talking. Since my parents died, I have never been heard. Since they died, no one has ever been interested in my side of the story or my point of view. Even Tonya...

I bit my lips hard, knowing perfectly well that I'm not fair. She was honest with me from the beginning. I can doubt her intentions, but she has always been honest with me since we came here. My fist clenches as I think about Sam's visit.

Fucking, slick bastard! That smirk of satisfaction on his face was disgusting. I should have known that my asking about the place where Damon had wanted to meet would reach Head Warrior's ears. I should have known he would follow me to sell me later. What I didn't calculate is that the Head Warrior would endanger his own pack.

He admitted to following me the first time I met Damon and the next time, yet he has never reported it. If I had been a traitor, I could have brought a lot of harm to the pack, so Sam should have reported me the moment he started suspecting me, yet he didn't. He waited; he allowed me to walk freely everywhere and maybe hurt someone, only to make sure to set me up at the right moment.

He even waited to help me against rogues when they attacked Rosie and the kids, only to make sure I would be as good as guilty in the eyes of everyone. He told me that and, of course, managed to fool me once more. I lost my cool and charge of him, and of course, Troy, who was outside of the room, came lured by all the commotion and pulled me away from Sam, who, of course, hadn't protected himself so my attack would look more vicious.

It doesn't look good for me. If Charlie has also opened his mouth and told Tonya everything... that's it, I'm done. Whatever I did with Charlie back in Shadow Pack was a fault of circumstances, not mine. Linus is howling in agony inside me, making me angry because he wants both of them. I should have never put myself in this mess because of one omega who had it rough his whole life and the Alpha who didn't have everything handed to her like most of the Alphas.

The door opens, and Tonya enters; I sit instantly and try not to show how much I am happy and scared at the same time that she is here. She wears jeans and a casual top, and her hair is loose, yet her stern look and dominance are far from calm. I clench my teeth. I can't show her I'm scared; I will take her head on if I have to. I will never bend my neck to her, no matter what.

She sits in front of me, her canines slightly out; she must be agitated. I hate it; honestly, I hate that the proximity of her body makes me so weak, makes me want to beg her not to toss me away. But I will not beg; I will not beg no matter what.

"How is Sammy? Will you whip me again for the second brawl?" I say mockingly; if she is irritated by my attitude, she hides it well.

"Charlie told me everything about Shane and what the Shadow Pack has done to him."

"Oh really?" I spit. "Any juicy details? I wasn't interested much in him, so I don't know everything."

"Explain what you understand by "juicy details": almost gang raped at the age of 14, or maybe killing his father in front of him, or maybe the special interest your Beta had in him?"

Fuck, how the hell she manages to keep herself calm and sound so indifferent being so angry. I can sense her fury; if I play this nicely, maybe she will snap again and break my neck, and finally, all of it will be over. No more fear of rejection and banishment, no more fear of solitude and life in constant longing for her and Charlie.