Chapter 12: Mate for Pearl?!

Pearl above

Chandler POV

I must admit I would never expect this to happen to me; it's just ridiculous.

My people and I have been here for already three days, three dull days, because, despite some occasional trips around the pack territory, we mostly sit in our house. Alistair has been talking, and Anne has been going meticulously through all the dates about the creature we already have.

I try to make myself familiar with other negotiators. On my part, Anne and Alistair will be helping me; on the part of Tonya, she requested her first Beta, and her uncle Hayden. James will be in charge of taking care of the pack alongside the rulers of three other territories. It's actually smart how all of it was organized. Each territory included now in Black Moon, and previously, the separated pack has a Gamma in charge of it. Each Gamma was chosen from among the original inhabitants, which gave the wolves security because they were guided by one of their own, not by some stranger.

The Trio, who personally I can't tell apart, are polite and professional. It's calm; it was so calm that, of course, that had to change.

I must admit I have expected the arbiter eagerly because I want to get to work and finish the task I received. But that for sure I wasn't expecting. Tonya told me that Terry would bring one of his adopted daughters here, but I haven't paid much attention to it. Maybe I should've?

My first surprise was that when she stepped out of the car, I noticed her sniffing, meaning she was a werewolf. Why the hell the former hunter would have a werewolf daughter? Second was her age, the way Tonya spoke about her suggested the kid, and she turned out to be a grown-up woman, ethereal and gorgeous. But the worst was that when she jumped on me, my instincts failed me completely. I should defend myself; after all, she is a werewolf. But my body has just reacted on its own, and I open my arms, and she wrapped around me. The moment I felt her lips on mine, all the caution was down the drain, and I found myself kissing and hugging her back.

I can blame it on the element of surprise but truth be told, I didn't want to stop, I wanted to feel her more, and I still do. She wasn't happy when her father convinced her ultimately to let go of me. I noticed how she spoke as if she were a child, not an adult.

And now all of us are in the Alpha study, except Pearl; of course, Alistair and Anne seem confused just like me, but Tonya, Kathy, and Hayden seem concerned, and Terry is angry, angry, and worried, that much, I'm sure.

"First of all, I need to confirm your identity," I say, looking at him. "My mother, Amaria Murrow, told me that she had worked with you from time to time. Operation against Alpha Timothy, can you tell me any details about this?"

"Greedy son of the bitch, he wanted to extend his pack for the surrounding fields belonged to a hard-working family, so he started sending his wolves to scare them away and finally, by coincidence, killed two of kids and wife, the husband and the youngest son managed to run away and contacted us. We got rid of his pack, but Amaria didn't follow my uncle's plan to wipe them all out and allowed the most to escape. Timothy was killed painfully."

I nod; that matches what Amaria told me and what I remember. I look at Anne, and she asks:

"We need at least some basic details about what was happening with you during the last twenty-three years and why Black Moon decided to trust you."

Terry smirks, Anne's distrust and hostility are apparent, but he only smiles politely. Perfect hunter; I have no idea what he is thinking right now.

"Okay, long story short, my younger sister got pregnant with a werewolf a long time ago. My grandfather decided that this was an abomination and ordered her execution. She survived but had to escape. Six years later, Hunter's Alliance I built was destroyed by an attack led by Tonya's father. I found myself defeated and in charge of families and disabled hunters who had lost everything. I wanted revenge on Tonya's father, so I started to watch his pack, and that was when I found out that my sister Celia was living in Black Moon Pack with her mate and her daughter Kathy, who is now a Beta of this pack."