Chapter 28: Dishonesty

Noah POV

I have no idea why the hell I lost my cool today, but I did.

Tyler get near me during the training, and he had it all over his face that he was pissed off. I was sure it had to do something with Sam becausehe also looked at me that time with a cocky smile.

Tyler called me a cheating bastard and said that Tonya didn't deserve a mate who sees her only as a meal ticket and Charlie should also be free from an abuser like me.

"The way he behaves around you clearly suggested that you have done something to him," he spat in my face, and I should have controlled myself better. I lost it and punched him, and then I couldn't stop. All my and Linus instincts kicked in; no matter what, you can't stop fighting until your opponent is moving, and no matter what, you can't back away when the fight has started. We would've managed to hurt each other seriously if the rest of the warriors hadn't interfered.

Tonya asked questions and was irked because we did not answer them. Sam took extra care in whipping me; I'm sure he would've liked to make it as painful as possible but couldn't risk angering Tonya more. And yet, in some of the faces that were watching my humiliation, I've seen content. No one is happy with the fact that I may be a future Luna of this place; no one is content with the fact that their precious Alpha is mated to a dirty rogue.

I was in the forest for many hours not only to blow my steam but also to check if I could find a place where Damon wanted to meet with me. Fuck, I can't ignore him, but I also can't go to Tonya. I know that she is not cruel, but I'm scared. I'm afraid of what she will do when she finds out the truth about me. I could run away, maybe, but I don't want to. Yet maybe running away would be better than her tossing me away.

I go downstairs; something happened during the pack's dinner because Tonya has been locked in her study with Terry, Hayden, Kathy Carson, and Sam for a very long time, and it's very late. I haven't seen Tyler, but his two brothers glare at me when I pass them near the living room; no words are exchanged.

I open the door to the room with the piano, not surprised to see Charlie playing; he seems to do it all the time for the last two weeks.

"You are alone? Where is Rosie or Pearl, or the kids?" I ask, sitting next to him.

Since we came here, I have talked with warriors of the pack, but I would call it more like small talk and nothing more; I noticed that Charlie usually has spent time alone or with those two or Kathy's kids, and they seem to like each other.

"Rosie went for the run with other omegas, and Pearl sleeps in her room. She and Chandler have a conversation today, and she will reject him," he says, not stopping moving his fingers.

I sigh; I like Pearl; she is actually one of the very few people I'm sure are honest with me and genuinely like me. Another werewolf with life turned into a mess because of the mating bond.

"I heard you got into the brawl today; Tonya wasn't happy," he says, and I smirk mockingly.

"I guess I can't do anything right. She didn't mention that I was whipped?" I say, looking at him.

At least he put some weight on since we came here; he isn't any longer so pale, and the dark bags under his eyes are long gone. My eyes move down, looking at his stomach and small baby bum already visible.

"May I?" I ask, and he follows my eyes and bites his lips, a bit unsure, but nods.

So I reach my hand and gently touch his stomach, making small circles on it. There should be some baby movements soon; Charlie stops playing.

"It's yours or Daniel's," he whispers, making me stop my caressing. "That night in the packhouse, I asked him not to touch me because our bond was still active, and I was still in pain because of rejection, and you would feel me being touched by another. But he didn't listen; he made me suck all his friends one by one, but he was the only one who came inside me, a couple of times but the only one, at least that night."