Chapter Ten

Happy reading guys!! My sister and I caught the meteor shower on the 13th. And I got a picture of a certain constellation that will be used later on. The brighter splotches is actually the Milky Way! Probably said it already but we get the end of it where I live.

~-~-~-~-~-~

Carefully a digit gently nudged Koda. Her sleeping form shifted slightly and she hugged herself tighter.

Again Optimus gently nudged Koda with his index digit, "Little Bear?" He asked quietly. Trying not to wake up the recharging Ironhide beside them.

The woman slowly flickered her azure eyes open. Looking around to see the Pan Pacific Defense Corps logo painted on the wall, "Is this a dream?" She asked groggily.

"This is very real Koda," Optimus replied with a small smile. A light gasp escaped him as Koda hugged around his neck cables.

"I'm glad you're okay Peterbilt," Koda stated happily through their bond. Her release loosened a moment later. Her eyes caught something in the distance and she hopped down to the ground.

"What are you doing?" The red and blue mech asked as he watched Koda walk away from her Prime. His optics tried to look in front of him, attempting to find what she had seen.

Koda didn't reply, she continued moving into the darkness. Stepping aside slightly to let some of the dim light shine through. Again a small flash caught her eye. Walking about five more feet she knelt down and gasped slightly. Carefully she picked up the metal box, it wasn't big. Six inches wide, eight inches long and three inches tall. Walking back over to Optimus she blew the thick layer of dust off of the box. A small cloud of dust floated in front of her before it dispersed.

Sitting down on the ground near her Primes pede she opened the rusted box, "Oh! This is one of those...look at these Optimus!" Quickly Koda held up a few different papers that were colored a faded blue. She unfolded the papers carefully. Outlines of machines were printed on them, "They're the blueprints for the Jaegers."

Optimus smiled slightly, intrigued by the papers and hummed, "Which ones?"

Koda proceed to start pulling out papers and looked through each of them, listing off the names of the Jaegers, smiling happily as she did so, "Romeo Blue, Tango Tasmania, Eden Assassin, Solar Prophet, Vulcan Specter, Chrome Brutus, Gipsy Danger, Atlas Destroyer. Oh I remember seeing Atlas Destroyer a few times! I never met the pilots but that Jaeger had the first A.I to feel emotions. Loa was its name. It was a Mark III like Gipsy. But look here, there's Crimson, Horizon Bravo, Nova Hyperion, and Echo Saber. And then there's Striker!"

When she took out the print for Striker her eyes narrowed as she saw more prints, "What are you..."

"Are those not more Jaegers?" Optimus asked slowly. Feeling Koda's confusion through the bond.

She stuttered slightly as she looked through the papers, "T-they are but it doesn't make sense! Striker is the only Mark V. These prints are Mark V's all the way to Mark VII! Here's a few of them, B-bracer Phoenix, Chronos Berserker, Guardian Bravo, Titan Redeemer, November Ajax, Saber A-athena....They were going to decommission the old Jaegers! Hey...there's two more stuffed down here," Koda picked up the old pieces of crumpled up paper. Her eyes widened as she unfolded and looked at the two blueprints, "They...they were going to get rid of Gipsy and Striker!" She held up the two papers for Optimus to look at. He saw the designs and his optics narrowed. His mate shook her head angrily, "These are designs for Mark VI Jaegers!"

"Koda, breathe..."

"No Optimus, you don't understand this! All of the old decommissioned Jaegers, they were always brought to scrap yards and torn apart. Some pieces would be reused but aside from that they would be melted down and used for the newer Jaegers. That's how most of the armor was made sadly. But these designs, these two Jaegers, they're nearly identical to that of Striker and Gipsy. This...Gipsy Avenger and Striker Berserker, all the other Mark V to VII Jaegers were going to replace the older ones," Koda looked at the design for Gipsy Avenger, "They...were going to replace us..."