Chapter Six

Happy reading guys!! Hope you enjoy this chapter, I didn't have too many ideas so I did something cute. But dont worry, it's not too long and there's important stuff in here! Anyways, bye!

~

Koda had a firm grip on the metal bars beside her. Her knuckles were turning white as she held herself up. Her bare feet touched the cool metal ground. She very carefully let her weight be put upon her feet and legs. It felt unnatural for this to happen.

A tough, and worn hand gently squeezes her shoulder, "Are you sure you want to try so soon?" The deep baritone voice asked softly.

A slightly shaky breath escaped Koda. Her eyes looked down at her standing form fearfully, unsure if her legs would support her, "Yes," Her reply was stern and powerful, showing none of the fear she felt.

Optimus smiled softly, he'd forgotten how determined his Conjunx was. His left hand was ready to help catch Koda if she fell. The Prime noticed Koda's breath was wavering slightly.

A few other Autobots, consisting of Bulkhead, Smokescreen, Ratchet, Arcee and Soundwave were observing things.

It'd been a few weeks since the Spark Eater incident. Tarn had landed on earth. Up in Nevada, as Wheeljack suggested before. The Autobots had been on high alert since then. Two bot patrols were always out. Soundwave had bridged Ultra Magnus and Aries near Tarn's location. Just to get a good look at things. But the former Decepticon had been bridging the others to different places as well.

Koda had been busy trying to strengthen her muscles in her legs again. And Ratchet had cleared her to begin walking again. Or at least try. Though he knew she would have a while to go yet. But, the woman was relentless. Overworking herself? Yes. But she wanted to help the Autobots again, not just by sitting at a computer while they were out on patrols. No, she wanted to fight alongside them.

In the Jaeger that was on the Xanthium. Ratchet hadn't shown it to her yet. So it was a guessing game. A very annoying guessing game. It would have to be between two Jaegers, Striker Eureka or Gipsy Danger. They were the only Jaegers that were around anymore.

And Koda didn't even know if Gipsy was retrieved from the base all those years ago...Her guess was that the great machine was Striker. Though she knew it probably would not happen again, she would have liked to pilot Gipsy. The first drift would be tough, having to experience all of Striker's missions.

"Okay, I'm going to do it," The woman breathed out. She flashed a quick look to Optimus, who was presently in his holoform. His alt, parked not too far away. But as Koda looked at her Prime she saw his encouraging look. Which only fueled her determination to walk again.

Looking back in front of her, she forced her right leg to move. She let out a surprised gasp when it did as she wished. It was a bit tiring to keep off the ground, even if it was just a few inches, since they weren't used to being used. Even standing was tiring at the moment. But as Koda planted her right foot on the ground, a bit shakily, she then moved her left.

Just as she lifted it off the ground she stumbled forward. Quickly she put her hands and arms out in front of her to save herself from landing face first into the cool metal. But she never felt the smooth alloy.

Rather she felt herself being lifted back to her feet. Her back rested on her Prime's warm chest, "Are you okay?" There was a slight worry in Optimus' voice as he spoke.

Koda nodded, and chuckled a bit, "I'm surprised I took that first step without falling."

"How did it feel?" Arcee asked as she came up beside the two.

The woman let the question sit in her mind for a moment. She wasn't sure how it made her feel, she knew how she felt however, "It felt...strange. When my foot fell to the ground it was like everything came rushing back. And I wanted to keep going, I wanted to run! But I couldn't. Though for that single moment I felt free," She sighed softly.