CRESTFALLEN

"You've put me through so, so much pain, Nicolas

"You've put me through so, so much pain, Nicolas. And the worse part of it is I have no idea why." I drop my arms in defeat, my chest heaving from yelling.

My anger raises as he just stands there, looking guilty. "Was I not enough? Did you want someone else? Why didn't you just call me?!" I yell. 

"Take one good look at yourself, Aureila." He speaks finally. "And then look at me. Heaven will never allow me through their gates but they won't give a second thought before opening them wide for you."

I grip my hair in frustration. "What is that supposed to even mean?" My throat tightens as I shallow a sob. 

"You deserve someone better. So much better, baby." A tear slips down his cheek.

Wiping my own tears, I slowly shake my head. "No, I deserve better from you."

I'm not gonna buy his "you deserve better" bullshit. Something happened between his graduation party and now. Something that completely changed the man I loved into someone I can't recognize.

I'm gonna find out, even if I don't get him back in the process. 

But I'm at my breaking point. I can't take anymore stabs to the heart, I can't keep waiting for him. 

"I'm gonna walk out that door and if you don't stop me.. I'm done." He closes his eyes at my words. My heart squeezes at the sight of him so broken but I continue. "You have a choice, you can follow me and we can leave this party together or.. you can stay here and lose the only person who's loved you unconditionally your entire life."

"Aureila.." 

"You have 10 seconds." I walk to the door and open the door.

I rest my back against the other side of the door and count to ten while praying he chooses me. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

thoughts on the little sneak peak? 

keep in mind that sooo much information/details is left out and very vague on purpose

also idk how i feel ab this scene so it might change.

ANYWAY, the book is posted on my account!

i love you

bye bye insanity plea hello crestfallen