04 || Five Minutes

^ I made a sabrina aesthetic

song: the end of the world by billie eilish

.....

aurora moretto

5 months ago

"I can't do this , Alice. She's gone. I saw her disappear in front of me." I sob into my best friend's chest.

Can't I just get a fucking break? My mom, now my sister. How is this fair? All I feel is this void in my chest. It's like I'm drowning and there's no one to pick me up out of the water. I just want to go back, back to dancing in the kitchen with Lyss while mom sings and bakes our favorite brownies. How am I supposed to live like this, terrified that I'll forget her voice, her scent, her touch. Why did no one tell me that grief feels like fear?

"I need her, I need my mom. I need Alyssa. Just make it stop." I choke out.

"I know, baby. I'm so sorry." Alice coaxes, stroking my back and hair.

I know Alice is suffering too, my family was her family, but I just can't find it in me to comfort her and I feel terrible about it. How did I go from having everything to nothing in such a little amount of time?

"When will it stop?" I ask her in a low voice.

"It doesn't, my love. It just gets easier." She whispers. I try to look at her but all I see is Alyssa's lifeless body.

Alice was right it doesn't ever stop. Any mention of Alyssa pushes the knife in my heart, deeper. I know Matteo didn't know but god, for one minute I selfishly forgot about her, I was too busy worrying about the situation I'm in. If Alyssa was here I'd cry to her, cry to her about our father wanting me dead, cry to her about our mother not here to hold me. But Alyssa's not here so I have to shove it down like I've done since my mother died 14 months ago. It's easier this way.

Matteo was right about something though, Alyssa did just disappear, I watched her life drain from her eyes. If only I'd gotten there 5 minutes earlier, I could have saved her. It's my fault. She needed me to save her and I wasn't there. It's almost funny, 5 minutes would have saved her.

"You said Alice was dating your best friend. Does he have anything to do with your mafia?" I know she's seeing a guy named Sebastian but she would have told me that he was involved in the mafia. Right?

"Yeah, Sebastian, my second in command." He answers. We're walking to his car to go get Sabrina and my things. I can't believe I'm really moving in with a mob boss.

"I'm sure the idiots will show up soon, they like my house better than their fucking own." Good, I really need Alice right now.

.....

"Okay listen up, Sabrina doesn't like loud noises so be quiet, she doesn't like new people either so if she even lets you touch her, be grateful." I tell him, unlocking my apartment door.

As soon I unlock the door my tiny baby kitten runs to me. I squat down and pick her up. She instantly purrs and rubs her head all over mine. She stills when she notices Matteo.

Then the little bitch jumps from my arms to his. Matteo catches her and she starts licking his face.

What. the. fuck.