24. "Christmas Night"

Start from the beginning

Bora then stood up, leaving Yoohyeon alone. The girl looked around, seeing numerous of people taking secret glances at her. Yoohyeon sighed, regretting wearing something so revealing. "Maybe Minji was right, I should've worn something else..-"

"Hey Yoohtoni! You look incredible!"

Yoohyeon got startled by a voice coming from her side, noticing a particularly familiar person sitting next to her.

"Oh, hey Nari! You don't look so bad yourself." Yoohyeon smiled, eyeing the lady from top to bottom. "You think so? I'm glad you like it since I wore this for you." The soldier chuckled, making Yoohyeon slightly shy by those words. "You wore this for me..?"

"Of course! I have to make my crush fall for my charms one way or another." Nari chuckled shyly, making Yoohyeon look away with pursed lips. She didn't expect the lady to be so bold with her words. "Do you want to dance?" Nari asked with a smile, earning an awkward chuckle in return to her offer.

"I'm actually waiting for my friend, so maybe later.." Yoohyeon scratched her neck, looking around to see if Bora was coming. "Your friend? Do you mean.. General Jiu?" Nari asked with hope, getting a head-shake in return. "Soldier Sua actually. I don't know where she is though, she's definitely taking her time." Yoohyeon sighed, thinking that Bora probably forgot to bring her a drink.

"Hm.. Can I ask you something about you and General Jiu?" Nari suddenly asked, getting a hesitant nod in return. "Are you two actually dating?" The lady questioned with a raised eyebrow, making Yoohyeon gulp in thought. "Well..-"

"Oh, hello there Nari."

Right as Yoohyeon was going to answer, Minji showed up with two cups of punch and a forced smile on her face.

"Ah, speak of the devil- Hello General Jiu!" Nari faked a smile as well, watching how the general was sitting next to Yoohyeon and giving her the cup of punch. "Soldier Sua is dancing with my brother right now, so I brought you the drink instead." Minji gave Yoohyeon her drink, taking a sip while glancing at the girl with a smile.

"T-Thanks Minji.." Yoohyeon stuttered, feeling relieved that the woman showed up, but was getting anxious because of the intense atmosphere that was slowly forming.

"What were you two talking about?" Minji asked, crossing her legs and leaning closer to Yoohyeon to hold onto her arm. "Nothing much, just normal chatter." Nari smiled, slightly closing the short gap between her and Yoohyeon as well by interwining their arms together.

Yoohyeon was visibly trying hard not to feel nervous because of how tensed up she felt, so she sighed while shakily looking at her cup. The aura coming from the two was definitely suffocating the poor girl, as they were both having a passive aggressive battle just to prove who was closer to Yoohyeon.

"I see.. Mind me joining in the talk?" Minji slightly tilted her head, feeling her eyebrow twitch from annoyance because Nari was caressing Yoohyeon's arm. "Of course not, we weren't talking for long anyway. So.. What do you think of the party?" Nari asked, grinning to herself because of Minji's reactions.

"I like it so far, but it could definitely be better if some things were missing." Minji answered with a sigh, giving hints by looking at Nari. "Oh, I agree with you. Unfortunately there always are some things that have to break the mood in the worst times." Nari fired back, making Minji bite her inner cheeks so she could keep her composure.

Yoohyeon shakily sighed, finally managing to stand up from the bench. She turned to look at the two Icebreakers, awkwardly smiling at them.

"I-I'll go find Yoobin, you two can stay here and talk until I come back. Till later!" Yoohyeon instantly dipped, leaving the two women alone.