Chapter 15- The Eye

Sonic jogged through the streets of Seaside City, keeping in mind of the cars and people he nearly stepped on or tripped over. Where was that mad doctor? G. U. N. would have evacuated everyone in the area, so where in hell would he be?

A loud cackle made his ear tilt and twitch. There he was, all alone on an empty street. Well, as empty as one can be with a hoard of military and police vehicles holding down the fort.

"Hey Eggman! Heard you have a new toy for me to play with!" Sonic called out as he gracefully stepped over a barricade.

"Ah! Sonic! It's about time you showed your big blue mug!" He replied.

"Yeah, I've been having a bit of a long day. Hopefully your new play thing would be a great stress reliever."

"My machines will always be a match for you, you enormous rodent!" Robotnik shouted. "Just because you are taller, doesn't mean I can't run your face into the ground like I've done before!"

"Oh really? Then come at me!" Sonic taunted. "Where's your big robot? Or are you just fib-"

Sonic was already on the ground as something had rammed right into his stomach. Something large and cold, made of metal. He coughed as he lifted his head from the broken asphalt and was face to face with the doctors newest creation...

"Allow me to introduce you to: S. M. MARK II!" The doctor said graciously.

Sonic stared at the robot in front of him. It looked like him, but more menacing, bulky and cold. It's single red eye was the only thing apart from its shoes that contrasted it's silver exterior. It stood proudly over sonic. The sun gleaming over its shiny body, across the giant saw blade that mimicked Sonic's own quills. Different, but just as deadly.

"Heheh... well, I'd say that's a really impressive robot, egghead." Sonic began. "But 'mark II'? What? You broke the first version?"

"SHUT YOUR TRAP! NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE TO BUILD MY ROBOTS UP FROM SCRATCH, I WILL KEEP MAKING THEM BETTER AND STRONGER! STRONG ENOUGH THAT EVENTUALLY YOU WONT BE ABLE TO BEAT THEM!"

Sonic chuckled and stood up, dusting the rubble off himself. "Alright then." He raised his fists up, grinning widely as he took a fighting stance. "Let's see what this hunk of metal can-" he paused. Then he tilted his head down.

The robot was about half his height.

"HAHA! WHAT?!" Sonic chortled. "I think you might've measured wrong, Eggy. What? Didn't have enough scrap from Neo for it?" He laughed, but was quickly interrupted with an uppercut from the heavy metallic double.

He stumbled then fell onto the ground. He rubbed his bruised chin once he sat himself back up again. He could hear the mad doctor launch and mock him, something he hasn't heard in a long time.

"Right... forgot it hits like a truck." He grumbled and took a fighting stance once he was back on his feet. "Okay you hunk of junk! You wanna dance? Let's dance!"

...

"It's about time I found you boys!" The general shouted at them as she entered the lab the fox had called his home.

"General?! Uh, nice to see you here!" Knuckles said. Shadow slapped Silver's hand when he had saluted her. There was no need for that kind of formality.

"Yeah yeah, hush now! We got some serious business over at Seaside City. Robotnik has taken some of Neo's tech."

"I'm sorry, what?" Tails said.

Sally nodded. "This is an issue, I'm sure you all realize."

"So, you want us to deal with it?" Knuckles asked. "Cant G. U. N. handle him? They've done it before."