Chapter 2- Metalic Madness

The dusty land had dulled the shine on sonics shoes. He dragged his feet along the ground, kicking up dust clouds as he paced back and forth while he was lost in his own mind. Usually harsh words about him didn't really get to him. No one knew what he was like. But for some reason, that hedgehogs words sunk under his skin.

Maybe it was because he was from the future... possibly, Sonic didn't entirely believe that he was. But it still, he thought about what he had said. Him rampaging, causing destruction and fear. It wasn't like him, he'd never do something like that! Maybe with his size and the chaos energy rushing through him, maybe it was possible? No! No he would never do that! But his mind couldn't help but race about it.

He sat against a large rock and tilted his head to the sky, letting out the air in his lungs with a long sigh.he shut his eyes and attempted to clear his mind, focusing on the light breeze and the warm sun against his fur.

"Feeling a little dull?" A voice came from below.

Sonic jumped. "Huh? What?" He looked down. Beside him was a familiar looking cybernetic hedgehog looking back up at him. He jumped out of his seat and prepared a fighting stance. "NEO?! How are you alive?! I thought you blew up with your ship!"

The alien hedgehog cackled. "HA! Neo? That looser?" He shook his head. "No. No. I'm far from him!"

Sonic brought his fists closer to himself. "What?"

"Apologies. My name is Metallix. But you can call me 'Metal'. Don't worry, I have no correlation with Neo. He's a galactic embarrassment."

"..... because he died?"

"No- well... it's part of it..."

"Yeah, okay. Look. Just give it to me straight. Are you here to take over the world or something?" Sonic said as he lowered his fists.

"Of course I'm not! I know you had a rocky start with Neo. But I'm here to show that not all of us aliens are as bad as him!"

"Uhuh.... Wait a minuet." Sonic shook his head. "If you're here, why isn't anyone from G. U. N. here? Better yet, how have you come to me without anyone else seeing you?"

"I guess I managed to slip by." Metal shrugged. This didn't deter Sonic, who crossed his arms in suspicion. Metal mimicked him and crossed his arms as well. "If you still think I am here for 'world domination' or something, then why don't you take me to your leader?"

Sonic quintet his eyes. "... was that intentional...?"

"Was what intentional?"

"You know what? I don't care anymore!" Sonic said as he picked up the alien in his hand and walked back to the base. "Guess there's nothing else to do than to get the General in on this."

Metal looked down at the hand that encased him, effortlessly holding him like a small toy. He grinned at the sight.

"But just so you're aware." Sonic said, catching the cyborg alien's attention again. He clenched his fist a little tighter around him. "If you try anything, I will throw you back into space where you came from!"

The cybernetic hedgehog purses his lips in order to hide his grin. "Yep. Noted."

....

"So you're telling me..." Sally began. "You somehow bypassed the U.N.'s entire military and extraterrestrial systems and came here without being detected at all?"

"That's correct ma'am!" Metal responded. He pressed a hand over his mouth and mumbled. "It was fairly easy too..."

"What was that?"