I laughed nervously. "Um, it was my mom's, but you can ask her when you meet my parents." I suggested.

Her eyes widened with excitement. "Deal. Hopefully soon."

The cold air brushed over my skin like a caress, the sun still bright and alive over me. The others were waiting by the water, Forrest seemingly more rational.

I clutched the towel even tighter around me and sat next to Alaina on one of the sunbeds. I wiggled my eyebrows and whispered. "So... Wyatt, huh?" I implied.

She blushed, her face becoming more red than the normal rosy tint it has. "I'll tell you later when the guys aren't  here."

I swept our surroundings for the victims of our current conversation. Josie was in the water already, getting dunked by Forrest. Wyatt's focus was solely trained on us despite having a conversation with Yousef.

And... oh, fuck. Grayson was still standing near the group, cross armed and his muscular back to me. If only I could—

Stop! God, I hate my brain.

I cannot dismiss the amount of girls taking peeks at the guys and I couldn't blame them. But those  women? Those curvy bodies, slim arms and legs, flat stomach? They could definitely make—

Five, four, three, two, one.

"Hello?" Alaina waved her hand in my face. "Earth to Evelyn Amherst."

"Yeah? Sorry." I shook myself off. 

"But like, do you see how Wyatt is looking at you? Man is in love." Val stretched her legs out, waving us over.

"This is a nightmare. You coming?" Alaina asked.

I shook my head, clearing my throat. "Maybe later." I smiled. "Go. I want to relax." She shrugged like, your choice, and joined everyone else.

I pulled a sketchbook out from my tote bag and picked it up where I left off with some shading. My attention strayed away to a group of girls that most likely agreed to ask all the guys for their numbers simultaneously. 

Josie fanned them away, Noah and Ezra just seemed offended. Alaina held my eye. Don't look. We  both won't look. 

Too late. A hot blonde with long straight, thin legs and tall frame, her skin perfectly golden. She strode to Grayson with confidence, each step calculated without fault.

There was no denying it, my eyes seared into her back. My fist has a deathly grip on my pencil, saving my palms from my nails.

The girl crouched next to the edge of the pool—and I would be thankful if someone pushed her in—to tap on Grayson's shoulder, the phone held out.

He turned in surprise and flipped his sunglasses to the top of his head. I felt the second his attention landed on me, but I was busy plotting where to hide the body. When he reached for her phone, my heart dropped.

Of course, I think. Don't be so disappointed.

My phone dinged with a notification. I thought it was my worrisome mom, so I swiped the banner to disclose the message. "I have a girlfriend." It was from an unknown number and my eyebrows flew up, then drew together in confusion.

I caught Grayson's gaze and he smirked at me, the girl blushing. "...sorry." Once she read the message she thought he sent to save her number in his.

"Don't worry about it." He said without care in the world. 

I felt a bit of sympathy for the poor girl. 

Grayson beckoned me forward, but I stubbornly shook my head. He grumbled under his breath and climbed the ladder, water droplets trickling down his godly torso.